Railroad buys pair of passenger cars
The Adirondack Scenic Railroad has acquired two passenger cars at auction in Roanoke, Va. They had been property of the Norfolk Southern.
They are “in excellent condition and are Amtrak certified for immediate service,” the Adirondack Scenic Railroad noted.
The acquisition of two of these cars is recognition that the rail operation will continue to grow, it noted. “The purchase of additional rolling stock and the rehabilitation of existing equipment is needed.”
A state grant helped finance the purchase for the Utica-based tourism railroad.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Red hat themed brunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Veterans program Tuesday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring luncheon Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Lee Center church hosts dinner
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Importance of one lost sheep
- 4:00pm 04/07/18Church welcomes new minister