Railroad buys pair of passenger cars
The Adirondack Scenic Railroad has acquired two passenger cars at auction in Roanoke, Va. They had been property of the Norfolk Southern.
They are “in excellent condition and are Amtrak certified for immediate service,” the Adirondack Scenic Railroad noted.
The acquisition of two of these cars is recognition that the rail operation will continue to grow, it noted. “The purchase of additional rolling stock and the rehabilitation of existing equipment is needed.”
A state grant helped finance the purchase for the Utica-based tourism railroad.
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
Diabetes lifestyle changes program Wednesday in Utica
RMH offers free prostate cancer screening for men
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group
- 4:00pm 09/15/18‘Recipes Bless the Heart and Home’ available at Barn Fest