NEW LOCATION — Oneida County’s Habitat for Humanity ReStore will now be located at 494 French Road, Utica (the old Trains and Hobbies). A storm damaged the roof on a former location. Volunteers are sought to help at the store. (Photo submitted)
Volunteers sought for new Habitat ReStore
UTICA — Volunteers are being sought for a new Habitat ReStore which will be opening 494 French Road, Utica (the old Trains and Hobbies). The recruitment meeting is at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Oneida County Habitat for Humanity officials said, “The ReStore has re-located and we need your help with the daily operations.
Volunteer positions only require a commitment of 1-2 shifts per week, or whenever you are available. ReStore shifts are determined by what you are interested in doing.”
The following volunteer positions are needed: truck driver, donation pickup/drop off, donation coordinators, donation procurement, merchandise associate and more. Those unable to attend Wednesday can contact the store at 624-9010.
On the net: www.restoreoneidacounty.org
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Food $en$e sign-ups today
- 4:00pm 11/10/17Don’t use plastic garbage bags, cardboard boxes for green waste
- 4:00pm 11/07/17Get raking — leaf collection to start Nov. 13 in city
- 4:00pm 10/27/17Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
- 4:00pm 10/27/17Sign-up for November Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 10/13/17Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Agricultural education topic of banquet Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Cornell Cooperative Extension offers QuickBooks for Farmers class