NEW LOCATION — Oneida County’s Habitat for Humanity ReStore will now be located at 494 French Road, Utica (the old Trains and Hobbies). A storm damaged the roof on a former location. Volunteers are sought to help at the store. (Photo submitted)
Volunteers sought for new Habitat ReStore
UTICA — Volunteers are being sought for a new Habitat ReStore which will be opening 494 French Road, Utica (the old Trains and Hobbies). The recruitment meeting is at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Oneida County Habitat for Humanity officials said, “The ReStore has re-located and we need your help with the daily operations.
Volunteer positions only require a commitment of 1-2 shifts per week, or whenever you are available. ReStore shifts are determined by what you are interested in doing.”
The following volunteer positions are needed: truck driver, donation pickup/drop off, donation coordinators, donation procurement, merchandise associate and more. Those unable to attend Wednesday can contact the store at 624-9010.
On the net: www.restoreoneidacounty.org
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Bonsai workshop Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Green waste pickup Monday
- 4:00pm 04/12/18Facebook for Farmers workshop April 17
- 4:00pm 04/10/18Green waste pickup to begin Monday for inside district
- 4:00pm 04/06/18Credit union offers home buyers’ workshop
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Gardeners group meets Monday
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/09/18Dairy producers meet March 14