Signup starts today for January Food $en$e
Registration for the January Food $en$e program will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome and Lee Center. Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank.
Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of income. There are no income guidelines.
The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash, check or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit.
Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon-2 p.m. today, Friday, Dec. 23.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Jan. 5, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Jan. 27, between noon and 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1-3 p.m. today, Friday, Dec. 23, and 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 3.
The food may be picked up Friday, Jan. 27, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 336-0742 or 358-4150.
The January unit includes: chicken breasts, Italian meatballs, Tilapia fillets, Italian sausage, veal patties, Mozzarella cheese, cheese ravioli, diced tomatoes, fruit salad, Italian green beans,, and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which are priced separately and may be purchased in addition to or separate from the unit, include: stuffed pork chops, 2 pounds, $7.50; beef patties, 2 pounds, $5.50; mozzarella sticks, 2 pounds, $5.50; sea scallops, 2 pounds, $11; pepperoni Hot Pockets, dozen 8 ounce each, $18; chicken wings, 10 pounds, $14; Protein Combo Box, $15: BBQ Pork Ribs, 1.5 pounds; chicken thighs, 3.5 pounds; beef sandwich steaks, 10.5 ounces; Tilapia fillets, 1 pound; ground turkey, 1 pound.
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Root Farm begins second year of Community Supported Agriculture
- 4:00pm 06/09/1822nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Yard of the Month contest in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sign-up for June Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Junior Dairy Leaders graduation slated
- 4:00pm 05/25/18DEC reminds campers to use local firewood
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Gardener’s of Rome plant sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Sherrill Garden Club sale May 19