Signup starts today for January Food $en$e
Registration for the January Food $en$e program will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome and Lee Center. Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank.
Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of income. There are no income guidelines.
The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash, check or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit.
Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon-2 p.m. today, Friday, Dec. 23.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Jan. 5, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Jan. 27, between noon and 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1-3 p.m. today, Friday, Dec. 23, and 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 3.
The food may be picked up Friday, Jan. 27, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 336-0742 or 358-4150.
The January unit includes: chicken breasts, Italian meatballs, Tilapia fillets, Italian sausage, veal patties, Mozzarella cheese, cheese ravioli, diced tomatoes, fruit salad, Italian green beans,, and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which are priced separately and may be purchased in addition to or separate from the unit, include: stuffed pork chops, 2 pounds, $7.50; beef patties, 2 pounds, $5.50; mozzarella sticks, 2 pounds, $5.50; sea scallops, 2 pounds, $11; pepperoni Hot Pockets, dozen 8 ounce each, $18; chicken wings, 10 pounds, $14; Protein Combo Box, $15: BBQ Pork Ribs, 1.5 pounds; chicken thighs, 3.5 pounds; beef sandwich steaks, 10.5 ounces; Tilapia fillets, 1 pound; ground turkey, 1 pound.
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
Young gardeners receive national honors
- 4:00pm 06/16/17Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/16/17July Food $en$e orders collected at five locations
- 11:35am 06/06/17Cottage Lawn Farmers’ Market offers Planting Day
- 4:00pm 06/02/17Food $en$e signups Tuesday in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 06/02/17McConnellsville Garden Club to tour rose garden in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Hannaford grocery bags aid Foothills during June
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Village of Vernon sales June 2-4
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Foothills Food Pantry seeks help serving 160 families in seven towns
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Brunch Bingo aids Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Food $en$e orders being taken at five sites