Signup starts today for February Food $en$e
Registration for the February Food $en$e program will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome and Lee Center. Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank.
Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of income. There are no income guidelines.
The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash, check or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased.
There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit.
Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon-2 p.m. today, Friday, Jan. 27; and noon-1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Feb. 9, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Feb. 24, between noon and 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1-3 p.m. today, Friday, Jan. 27, and 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7.
The food may be picked up Friday, Feb. 24, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 336-0742 or 358-4150.
The February unit includes: pork tenderloin, ground beef, breaded fish fillets, chicken tenderloins, Polish sausage, cheddar cheese, chicken pot pie, double chocolate cookie mix, applesauce, frozen sliced carrots, and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which are priced separately and may be purchased in addition to or separate from the unit, include: stuffed chicken breasts, 2 pounds, $7.75; meatloaf, 2 pounds, $6; American cheese, 5 pounds, $11; popcorn chicken, 10 pounds, $15; pork roast, 2 pounds, $7.50; onion rings, 2.5 pounds, $5.50; Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese, 6 pounds, $11.50.
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 07/14/17Classes offered by master gardeners
- 4:00pm 07/07/17Terrarium first project for teens at Jervis
- 4:00pm 07/07/17Cookbook Club tries ‘Six Seasons’ recipes
- 4:00pm 07/07/17Garden club hosts flower show Monday
- 4:00pm 06/30/17Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
- 4:00pm 06/16/17Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/16/17July Food $en$e orders collected at five locations
- 11:35am 06/06/17Cottage Lawn Farmers’ Market offers Planting Day
- 4:00pm 06/02/17Food $en$e signups Tuesday in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 06/02/17McConnellsville Garden Club to tour rose garden in Syracuse