Signup starts today for February Food $en$e
Registration for the February Food $en$e program will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome and Lee Center. Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank.
Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of income. There are no income guidelines.
The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash, check or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased.
There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit.
Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon-2 p.m. today, Friday, Jan. 27; and noon-1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Feb. 9, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Feb. 24, between noon and 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1-3 p.m. today, Friday, Jan. 27, and 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7.
The food may be picked up Friday, Feb. 24, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 336-0742 or 358-4150.
The February unit includes: pork tenderloin, ground beef, breaded fish fillets, chicken tenderloins, Polish sausage, cheddar cheese, chicken pot pie, double chocolate cookie mix, applesauce, frozen sliced carrots, and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which are priced separately and may be purchased in addition to or separate from the unit, include: stuffed chicken breasts, 2 pounds, $7.75; meatloaf, 2 pounds, $6; American cheese, 5 pounds, $11; popcorn chicken, 10 pounds, $15; pork roast, 2 pounds, $7.50; onion rings, 2.5 pounds, $5.50; Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese, 6 pounds, $11.50.
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Cornell Cooperative Extension offers QuickBooks for Farmers class
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Garden club tours historic site Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/01/17Sign-up now for Hop Fest events
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Foothills Rural Community Ministry announces September hours
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Annual Garden Auction Monday
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Drought Atlas aims to help area farmers
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Master Gardeners offer workshops
- 4:00pm 07/28/17Garden club meets Aug. 7
- 4:00pm 07/28/17Sign-up for August Food $en$e today