Signup starts today for February Food $en$e
Registration for the February Food $en$e program will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome and Lee Center. Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank.
Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of income. There are no income guidelines.
The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash, check or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased.
There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit.
Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon-2 p.m. today, Friday, Jan. 27; and noon-1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Feb. 9, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Feb. 24, between noon and 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1-3 p.m. today, Friday, Jan. 27, and 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7.
The food may be picked up Friday, Feb. 24, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 336-0742 or 358-4150.
The February unit includes: pork tenderloin, ground beef, breaded fish fillets, chicken tenderloins, Polish sausage, cheddar cheese, chicken pot pie, double chocolate cookie mix, applesauce, frozen sliced carrots, and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which are priced separately and may be purchased in addition to or separate from the unit, include: stuffed chicken breasts, 2 pounds, $7.75; meatloaf, 2 pounds, $6; American cheese, 5 pounds, $11; popcorn chicken, 10 pounds, $15; pork roast, 2 pounds, $7.50; onion rings, 2.5 pounds, $5.50; Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese, 6 pounds, $11.50.
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
Youngsters win pumpkin, sunflower contest
Jervis Recycling Day Wednesday
- 4:00pm 03/24/17DEC advises homeowners: Avoid problems with bears and coyotes
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Homebuilders, remodelers expo April 1-2
- 4:00pm 03/24/17June 17 selected for 21st annual Herb and Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 03/03/17New residential building codes forum in Marcy
- 4:00pm 03/03/17Geothermal info offered
- 4:00pm 02/24/17Agencies to let farmers know what help is available
- 4:00pm 02/17/17Signup starts Feb. 24 for March Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 01/27/17Signup starts today for February Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 01/20/17Young gardeners receive national honors
- 4:00pm 12/23/16Signup starts today for January Food $en$e