Signup starts Feb. 24 for March Food $en$e
Registration for the February Food $en$e program will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome and Lee Center. Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of income. There are no income guidelines. The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash, check or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon-2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, Friday, Jan. 27; and noon-1 p.m. Sunday, March 12.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, March 9, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, March 24, between noon and 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 315-336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1-3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, and 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 7.
The food may be picked up Friday, March 24, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
The March unit includes: chicken drumsticks, boneless ham steaks, swai fillets, Salisbury patties, ground turkey, pierogies, diced potatoes, mint chip brownie mix, frozen strawberries, frozen green beans and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which are priced separately and may be purchased in addition to or separate from the unit, include: boneless ham, 4 pounds, $11; Italian meatballs, 5 pounds, $13; fish fillets, 3 pounds, $6.50; stuffed pork chops, 2 pounds, $7.75; French fries, 5 pounds, $4; pepperoni Hot Pockets, dozen 8 ounce sandwiches, $17.50; Produce Box, $15, includes apples, oranges, pears, red seedless grapes, whole pineapple and a whole cantaloupe.
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Agricultural education topic of banquet Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Cornell Cooperative Extension offers QuickBooks for Farmers class
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Garden club tours historic site Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/01/17Sign-up now for Hop Fest events
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Foothills Rural Community Ministry announces September hours
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Annual Garden Auction Monday
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Drought Atlas aims to help area farmers
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Master Gardeners offer workshops