Signup starts Feb. 24 for March Food $en$e
Registration for the February Food $en$e program will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome and Lee Center. Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of income. There are no income guidelines. The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash, check or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon-2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, Friday, Jan. 27; and noon-1 p.m. Sunday, March 12.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, March 9, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, March 24, between noon and 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 315-336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1-3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, and 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 7.
The food may be picked up Friday, March 24, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
The March unit includes: chicken drumsticks, boneless ham steaks, swai fillets, Salisbury patties, ground turkey, pierogies, diced potatoes, mint chip brownie mix, frozen strawberries, frozen green beans and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which are priced separately and may be purchased in addition to or separate from the unit, include: boneless ham, 4 pounds, $11; Italian meatballs, 5 pounds, $13; fish fillets, 3 pounds, $6.50; stuffed pork chops, 2 pounds, $7.75; French fries, 5 pounds, $4; pepperoni Hot Pockets, dozen 8 ounce sandwiches, $17.50; Produce Box, $15, includes apples, oranges, pears, red seedless grapes, whole pineapple and a whole cantaloupe.
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Hannaford grocery bags aid Foothills during June
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Village of Vernon sales June 2-4
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Foothills Food Pantry seeks help serving 160 families in seven towns
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Brunch Bingo aids Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Food $en$e orders being taken at five sites
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Dining for a Cause ticket deadline May 31
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Master gardeners list classes
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale Saturday; children’s contest slated
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Farmers’ Market each Tuesday