Sign-up now for Hop Fest events
The 22nd annual Madison County Hop Fest Weekend will take place Sept. 15-17. Among the events are:
• Tour of hop houses and craft breweries Sunday, Sept. 17 at 9 a.m. Tickets for the tour are $30. Reservation required by Sept. 8 — call 315-363-4136 or go online to www.madisoncountyhopfest.org.
Hop heritage promoter Dot Willsey and preservation architect Carl Stearns will guide the tour. Lunch will be at Empire Farm Brewery. Attendees will receive a complimentary 5 oz. glass. Attendees should dress accordingly — closed-toed shoes are required to tour the breweries.
The tour will start at 9 a.m. at The Madison County Historical Society, 435 Main St, Oneida, and end there at 5 p.m.
• A five-course Paired Beer Dinner at Good Nature Farm Brewery, 1727 Route 12B, Hamilton on Friday, Sept. 15, at 6 p.m. Tickets are $65 and reservations are required by Friday, Sept. 8. Purchase tickets online at madisoncountyhopfest.org. Full menu available online at https://www.madisoncountyhopfest.org/paired-beer-dinner.
The Madison County Hop Fest celebrates the past, present and future of the hop industry. For more information, go online to www.madisoncountyhopfest.org.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15
- 4:00pm 02/16/18Sign-up for March Food $en$e Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/09/18Coop sets date for 22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 02/02/18Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 01/26/18Library screens farm documentary
- 12:00pm 01/26/18Sign-up today for February Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 12/22/17Additional Food $en$e sign-up announced
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Sign-up for January Food $en$e Dec. 22
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Garden club hosts holiday gathering