Sign-up for September Food $en$e today
Registration for the September Food $en$e program — open to everyone regardless of income — will be held at First United Methodist Church in Rome, Lake Delta Fire Department, the First Baptist Church in Rome, and the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate. There are no income guidelines. The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon to 2 p.m. today, Aug. 24 and from noon- 1 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Sept. 13, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Sept. 28, between noon and 2 p.m. in First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food. For information, call 315-336-1740.
• People participating in the Lee Center United Methodist Church program can place September orders today, Aug. 24, from 1 to 3 p.m. and Tuesday, Sept. 4 from 7-8 p.m. at the Lake Delta Fire Department, 8508 Elmer Hill Road. Orders may be picked up on Sept. 28. For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
• Foothills Rural Community Ministry, Presbyterian Church, Holland Patent (across from the park just off Route 365). Registration is today, Aug. 24, from 12:30 and 2 p.m. or Aug. 25 between 10 a.m. and noon. Orders will also be taken at the Trenton Farmers Market in Holland Patent every Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
The food may be picked up between 12:30 and 2 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28, or between 10 a.m. and noon Saturday, Sept. 29. (Frozen foods will be kept in a freezer for the Saturday pickup).
The September package includes meatballs, chicken kabobs, Italian sausage, shrimp scampi, ground chicken, mozzarella cheese, cheese ravioli, spaghetti sauce, frozen blackberries, frozen mixed vegetables, and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which may be purchased in addition to the package or separately, are:
- Breaded Chicken Tenders: 5 lbs. for $7.75 - Not fully cooked.
- Meatloaf: 2 lbs. for $6.25 - Traditional meatloaf made with 100% ground beef.
- Stuffed Pork Chops: 2 lbs. for $7 - Stuffed with apples and cranberries.
- Tilapia Fillets: 3 lbs. for $7.50 - Individually vacuum packed in a re- sealable bag.
- Protein Box: $12.50 - includes pork tenderloin (1.6 lbs. avg.), chicken thighs (2 lbs. avg.), ground beef (1 lb. 80/20), breaded fish sticks (1 lb.), fresh eggs (1 doz.).
- French Fries: 5 lbs. for $4.50 - Ready to cook and can be used in the oven or fryer.
- Macaroni & Cheese: 6 lbs. for $10.75 - Family-sized and a Stouffers’ product.
On the net: http://www.foodbankcny.org/our-programs/food-sense-program
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 08/24/18Sign-up for September Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 08/03/18July Yards of the Month announced
- 4:00pm 08/03/18NYSAES gets new name: Cornell AgriTech
- 4:00pm 08/03/18Secret Garden Tour Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Sign-up for August Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Garden Tour Aug. 9 in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/13/18Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy