Sign-up for November Food $en$e
Registration for the November Food $en$e program — open to everyone regardless of income — will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome and Lee Center, the First Baptist Church in Rome, and the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate. There are no income guidelines so it doesn’t matter how much you earn. The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon to 2 p.m. today, Oct. 27, and from noon to 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 5. Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Nov. 2, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Nov. 17, between noon and 2 p.m. in First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 315-336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1 to 3 p.m. today, Oct. 27, and from 7-8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 30. The food may be picked up Friday, Nov. 17, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
• Foothills Rural Community Ministry, Presbyterian Church, Holland Patent (across from the park just off Route 365). Registration is today from 12:30 and 2 p.m. or Saturday, Oct. 28, between 10 a.m. and noon. The food may be picked up between 12:30 and 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17 or between 10 a.m. and noon Saturday, Nov. 18. (Frozen foods will be kept in a freezer for the Saturday pickup).
The November package includes turkey pan roast, pork tenderloin, tilapia fillets, homestyle stuffing, instant potatoes, pumpkin pie, turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, canned corn, sweet potatoes, and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which may be purchased in addition to the package or separately, are:
- Whole turkey: 10-12 lbs. for $13.50
- Stuffed pork chops: 2 lbs. for $7 — stuffed with apples and cranberries.
- Onion rings: 2.5 lbs. for $5.50, ready to cook.
- Produce Box: $11 — box includes celery (one sleeve), onions (2 lbs.), carrots (1 lb.), white potatoes (5 lbs.), butternut squash, and six sweet potatoes
- Chicken tenders: 5 lbs. for $8 — breaded and fully-cooked.
- Meatloaf: 2 lbs. for $6.75 — 100% ground beef.
- Macaroni & cheese: 6 lbs. for $11.50 — family-sized and a Stouffers’ product.
On the net: http://www.foodbankcny.org/our-programs/food-sense-program
Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Sign-up for November Food $en$e Oct. 26
- 4:00pm 10/12/18Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 08/24/18Sign-up for September Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 08/03/18July Yards of the Month announced
- 4:00pm 08/03/18NYSAES gets new name: Cornell AgriTech
- 4:00pm 08/03/18Secret Garden Tour Thursday