Sign-up for November Food $en$e Oct. 26
Registration for the November Food $en$e program — open to everyone regardless of income — will be held at First United Methodist Church in Rome, Lake Delta Fire Department, the First Baptist Church in Rome, and the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate. There are no income guidelines. The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon to 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, and from noon- 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 4.
Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Nov. 1, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Nov. 16, between noon and 2 p.m. in First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food. For information, call 315-336-1740.
• Those participating in the Town of Lee program can place orders Friday, Oct. 26, from 1 to 3 p.m. and Tuesday, Oct. 30, from 7-8 p.m. at the Lake Delta Fire Department, 8508 Elmer Hill Road. Orders may be picked up on Nov. 16. For more information, call 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
• Foothills Rural Community Ministry, Presbyterian Church, Holland Patent (across from the park just off Route 365). Registration is Friday, Oct. 26, from 12:30 and 2 p.m. or Oct. 27 between 10 a.m. and noon.
The food may be picked up between 12:30 and 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16, or between 10 a.m. and noon Saturday, Nov. 17. (Frozen foods will be kept in a freezer for the Saturday pickup).
The November package includes turkey pan roast, pork tenderloin, tilapia fillets, homestyle stuffing, whipped mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, frozen corn, deep dish pie shells, and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which may be purchased in addition to the package or separately, are:
- Whole turkey for $13 — Average between 10 and 12 pounds per special.
- Meatloaf: 2 lbs. for $6.25 — Traditional meatloaf made with 100% ground beef.
- Stuffed pork chops: 2 lbs. for $8 — Stuffed with apples and cranberries.
- Produce Box: $11 — Includes: celery (sleeve), onions (2 lbs.), carrots (1 lb.), white potatoes (5 lbs.), butternut squash, and six sweet potatoes.
- Mozzarella sticks: 2 lbs. for $6 — Ready to cook and can be cooked in the oven or fryer.
- Macaroni and cheese: 6 lbs. for $11 — Family-sized and a Stouffers’ product.
- Chicken tenders: 5 lbs. for $8.25 — Breaded, uncooked, and a Tyson product.
On the net: http://www.foodbankcny.org/our-programs/food-sense-program
Create festive holiday wreath at Rogers
Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Workshop in Utica Tuesday on buying a home
- 4:00pm 11/09/18Create festive holiday wreath at Rogers
- 4:00pm 11/09/18Sign-up for Food $en$e Nov. 16
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Sign-up for November Food $en$e Oct. 26
- 4:00pm 10/12/18Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 08/24/18Sign-up for September Food $en$e today