Sign-up for August Food $en$e today
Registration for the August Food $en$e program — open to everyone regardless of income — will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome, Lee Center and Verona, the First Baptist Church in Rome, and the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate. There are no income guidelines so it doesn’t matter how much you earn. The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Signups are scheduled at:
• First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon to 2 p.m. today, July 28, and from 11 a.m.- noon Sunday, Aug. 6. Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, Aug. 10, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, Aug. 25, between noon and 2 p.m. in First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 315-336-1740.
• At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1 to 3 p.m. today, July 28, and from 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 1. The food may be picked up Friday, Aug. 25, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
• Foothills Rural Community Ministry, Presbyterian Church, Holland Patent (across from the park just off Route 365). Registration from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the Trenton Farmers Market.
The food may be picked up between 12:30 and 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 25 or between 10 a.m. and noon Saturday, Aug. 26. (Frozen foods will be kept in a freezer for the Saturday pickup).
• United Methodist Church, 5694 E. Main St., Verona. Orders today 1-2 p.m. for pickup Aug. 25 between 1 and 2 p.m. Contact: Mary Raymond at 315-829-4405.
The August package, subject to change, includes: pork kabobs, chicken thighs, salmon fillets, beef patties, hot dogs, fresh macaroni salad, beef ravioli, shoe string fries, frozen green beans, fruit salad and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which may be purchased in addition to the package or separately, are:
- Pork Loin:7 lbs. for $11.75 - The pork loin is a boneless center cut and averages 7 lbs. per special.
- Turkey Burgers:2 lbs. for $6.25 - The turkey burgers are an all natural Jennie-O product.
- Italian Meatballs:5 lbs. for $13 - The Italian meatballs are fully-cooked and are in a 5 lb. bag.
- American Cheese:5 lbs. for $10 - The sliced American cheese is not individually wrapped.
- Pantry Box:$10 - The pantry box includes pancake mix, vegetable soup, elbow macaroni, spaghetti sauce, apple juice, peanut butter, grape jelly,tuna fish, mandarin oranges, and diced tomatoes.
- Onion Rings:2.5 lbs. for $5.50 - The onion rings are ready to cook and can be used in the oven or fryer.
- Hot Pockets:12/8 oz. sandwiches for $17 - The Philly cheese steak Hot Pockets contain 12 sandwiches per special.
On the net: http://www.foodbankcny.org/our-programs/food-sense-program/
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Root Farm begins second year of Community Supported Agriculture
- 4:00pm 06/09/1822nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Yard of the Month contest in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sign-up for June Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Junior Dairy Leaders graduation slated
- 4:00pm 05/25/18DEC reminds campers to use local firewood
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Gardener’s of Rome plant sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Sherrill Garden Club sale May 19