NYSAES gets new name: Cornell AgriTech
Cornell University’s College of Agriculture and Life has renamed its Agricultural Experiment Station (NYSAES) to Cornell AgriTech.
Agriculture and food are multibillion-dollar industries in New York, and the name change underscores the value Cornell AgriTech brings to improving the health of the people, environment and economy of the state and beyond.
Based in Geneva, Cornell AgriTech has expanded to more than 900 acres of fields, orchards and vineyards led by more than 300 faculty, scientists, staff and graduate students dedicated to delivering solutions to farmers and business and propelling economic development in New York State.
With 12 research farms and 17,500 square feet of greenhouse space, Cornell AgriTech researchers are focused on food and intensively cultivated crops, with a major emphasis on fruits and vegetables.
Researchers are also pioneering the study of plants that are engines of the future, from sources of bioenergy to emerging crops like industrial hemp that offer promising opportunities for growers in New York.
New York food manufacturing has been growing nearly 10 percent annually in recent years, and the industry supports more than 52,000 jobs in the state. Cornell AgriTech is a leading research and information hub for food manufacturing and safety.
Since 1988, the Cornell Food Venture Center has helped more than 13,000 food entrepreneurs commercialize more than 20,000 products, while the Institute for Food Safety at Cornell supports the production of safe and novel foods that increase the economic viability and sustainability of the food industry in New York and beyond.
The new Center of Excellence in Food and Agriculture at Cornell AgriTech will work to accelerate business development and grow the New York agriculture and food economy.
On the net:
Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 10/12/18Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 08/24/18Sign-up for September Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 08/03/18July Yards of the Month announced
- 4:00pm 08/03/18NYSAES gets new name: Cornell AgriTech
- 4:00pm 08/03/18Secret Garden Tour Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Sign-up for August Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Garden Tour Aug. 9 in Old Forge