New residential building codes forum in Marcy
MARCY — A free forum on “Understanding the new Residential Building Codes” will be held from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 20, 2017 in the Town Hall, 8801 Paul Becker Road.
All reservations are through the Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Mohawk Valley by contacting Tracy Page, 315-798-8858.
The event is sponsored by the Town of Marcy, HBRMV, NYSBA REF, Erie Materials and 84 Lumber.
This forum is limited to the first 100 registrants and will include four hours of IRC Training that will include changes in both the IRC and Energy Code, emergency escape required for all habitable basements and attics, all floor assemblies to be fire resistant rated (including basements), mandatory blower door testing, new design values for SYP, Douglas-fir and others, new deck requirements and more; a Panel Discussion with Local Code Officials, Architect, Residential Contractor, Plumbing/Heating Contractor; and a 2015 M/E/P Code Review.
This forum will focus on the major changes to the 2015 Residential Code for New York State that impact the design and construction of residential properties. The new codes were mandatory starting Oct. 3, 2016.
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The HBRMV is a non-profit organization representing the residential construction community throughout the Mohawk Valley Region. The association advocates choice in housing, economic growth, and quality of life in our region. Its builder members include small, medium and large volume home builders, commercial builders, developers and remodelers.
Associate members are professionals and trades people who work with and support the industry, including subcontractors, building materials suppliers, realtors, bankers, attorneys and many others. To learn more visit www.hbrmv.com.
Continuing education credits available.
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Hannaford grocery bags aid Foothills during June
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Village of Vernon sales June 2-4
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Foothills Food Pantry seeks help serving 160 families in seven towns
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Brunch Bingo aids Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Food $en$e orders being taken at five sites
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Dining for a Cause ticket deadline May 31
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Master gardeners list classes
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale Saturday; children’s contest slated
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Farmers’ Market each Tuesday