New residential building codes forum in Marcy
MARCY — A free forum on “Understanding the new Residential Building Codes” will be held from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 20, 2017 in the Town Hall, 8801 Paul Becker Road.
All reservations are through the Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Mohawk Valley by contacting Tracy Page, 315-798-8858.
The event is sponsored by the Town of Marcy, HBRMV, NYSBA REF, Erie Materials and 84 Lumber.
This forum is limited to the first 100 registrants and will include four hours of IRC Training that will include changes in both the IRC and Energy Code, emergency escape required for all habitable basements and attics, all floor assemblies to be fire resistant rated (including basements), mandatory blower door testing, new design values for SYP, Douglas-fir and others, new deck requirements and more; a Panel Discussion with Local Code Officials, Architect, Residential Contractor, Plumbing/Heating Contractor; and a 2015 M/E/P Code Review.
This forum will focus on the major changes to the 2015 Residential Code for New York State that impact the design and construction of residential properties. The new codes were mandatory starting Oct. 3, 2016.
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The HBRMV is a non-profit organization representing the residential construction community throughout the Mohawk Valley Region. The association advocates choice in housing, economic growth, and quality of life in our region. Its builder members include small, medium and large volume home builders, commercial builders, developers and remodelers.
Associate members are professionals and trades people who work with and support the industry, including subcontractors, building materials suppliers, realtors, bankers, attorneys and many others. To learn more visit www.hbrmv.com.
Continuing education credits available.
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Agricultural education topic of banquet Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Cornell Cooperative Extension offers QuickBooks for Farmers class
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Garden club tours historic site Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/01/17Sign-up now for Hop Fest events
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Foothills Rural Community Ministry announces September hours
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Annual Garden Auction Monday
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Drought Atlas aims to help area farmers
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Master Gardeners offer workshops