New residential building codes forum in Marcy
MARCY — A free forum on “Understanding the new Residential Building Codes” will be held from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 20, 2017 in the Town Hall, 8801 Paul Becker Road.
All reservations are through the Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Mohawk Valley by contacting Tracy Page, 315-798-8858.
The event is sponsored by the Town of Marcy, HBRMV, NYSBA REF, Erie Materials and 84 Lumber.
This forum is limited to the first 100 registrants and will include four hours of IRC Training that will include changes in both the IRC and Energy Code, emergency escape required for all habitable basements and attics, all floor assemblies to be fire resistant rated (including basements), mandatory blower door testing, new design values for SYP, Douglas-fir and others, new deck requirements and more; a Panel Discussion with Local Code Officials, Architect, Residential Contractor, Plumbing/Heating Contractor; and a 2015 M/E/P Code Review.
This forum will focus on the major changes to the 2015 Residential Code for New York State that impact the design and construction of residential properties. The new codes were mandatory starting Oct. 3, 2016.
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The HBRMV is a non-profit organization representing the residential construction community throughout the Mohawk Valley Region. The association advocates choice in housing, economic growth, and quality of life in our region. Its builder members include small, medium and large volume home builders, commercial builders, developers and remodelers.
Associate members are professionals and trades people who work with and support the industry, including subcontractors, building materials suppliers, realtors, bankers, attorneys and many others. To learn more visit www.hbrmv.com.
Continuing education credits available.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Bonsai workshop Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Green waste pickup Monday
- 4:00pm 04/12/18Facebook for Farmers workshop April 17
- 4:00pm 04/10/18Green waste pickup to begin Monday for inside district
- 4:00pm 04/06/18Credit union offers home buyers’ workshop
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Gardeners group meets Monday
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/09/18Dairy producers meet March 14