New residential building codes forum in Marcy
MARCY — A free forum on “Understanding the new Residential Building Codes” will be held from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 20, 2017 in the Town Hall, 8801 Paul Becker Road.
All reservations are through the Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Mohawk Valley by contacting Tracy Page, 315-798-8858.
The event is sponsored by the Town of Marcy, HBRMV, NYSBA REF, Erie Materials and 84 Lumber.
This forum is limited to the first 100 registrants and will include four hours of IRC Training that will include changes in both the IRC and Energy Code, emergency escape required for all habitable basements and attics, all floor assemblies to be fire resistant rated (including basements), mandatory blower door testing, new design values for SYP, Douglas-fir and others, new deck requirements and more; a Panel Discussion with Local Code Officials, Architect, Residential Contractor, Plumbing/Heating Contractor; and a 2015 M/E/P Code Review.
This forum will focus on the major changes to the 2015 Residential Code for New York State that impact the design and construction of residential properties. The new codes were mandatory starting Oct. 3, 2016.
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The HBRMV is a non-profit organization representing the residential construction community throughout the Mohawk Valley Region. The association advocates choice in housing, economic growth, and quality of life in our region. Its builder members include small, medium and large volume home builders, commercial builders, developers and remodelers.
Associate members are professionals and trades people who work with and support the industry, including subcontractors, building materials suppliers, realtors, bankers, attorneys and many others. To learn more visit www.hbrmv.com.
Continuing education credits available.
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
Youngsters win pumpkin, sunflower contest
Jervis Recycling Day Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Food $en$e open to everyone; orders being taken at five sites
- 4:00pm 04/21/17‘Look for zero’ campaign launched; phosphorus-free fertilizer promoted
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Tours, shredding, drug drop-off part of Earth Day events
- 1:00pm 04/11/17Green waste collection starts Monday in Rome
- 4:00pm 04/10/17McConnellsville Garden Club meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/07/17Habitat issues RePallet challenge
- 4:00pm 04/07/17Last call: Online compost bin, rain barrel orders due by Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/31/17Foothills food pantry serves seven towns Group seeks volunteers
- 4:00pm 03/31/17Food $en$e orders being taken
- 4:00pm 03/29/17Antique Appraisal Night Tuesday