McConnellsville Garden Club meets Tuesday
CAMDEN — The opening meeting of the McConnellsville Garden Club for 2017 will be Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at the historic W.H. Dorrance House, 32 Church St. in Camden, the club announced.
The group after touring the home will have a traditional English Tea luncheon provided by Dorrance House staff. Members will then discuss annuals, perennials and shrubbery suitable for Victorian-era gardens.
The Victorian-era home, built in 1880 and on the National Register of Historic Places, is being restored by Casey Cook.
The 85-year-old garden club includes members from McConnellsville, Camden, Constantia, West Monroe and the north shore of Oneida Lake who are interested in gardening, horticulture, ecology and in expanding their knowledge of those topics.
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Garden club hosts holiday gathering
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Food $en$e sign-ups today
- 4:00pm 11/10/17Don’t use plastic garbage bags, cardboard boxes for green waste
- 4:00pm 11/07/17Get raking — leaf collection to start Nov. 13 in city
- 4:00pm 10/27/17Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
- 4:00pm 10/27/17Sign-up for November Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 10/13/17Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Agricultural education topic of banquet Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Sign-up for October Food $en$e