McConnellsville Garden Club meets Tuesday
CAMDEN — The opening meeting of the McConnellsville Garden Club for 2017 will be Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at the historic W.H. Dorrance House, 32 Church St. in Camden, the club announced.
The group after touring the home will have a traditional English Tea luncheon provided by Dorrance House staff. Members will then discuss annuals, perennials and shrubbery suitable for Victorian-era gardens.
The Victorian-era home, built in 1880 and on the National Register of Historic Places, is being restored by Casey Cook.
The 85-year-old garden club includes members from McConnellsville, Camden, Constantia, West Monroe and the north shore of Oneida Lake who are interested in gardening, horticulture, ecology and in expanding their knowledge of those topics.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15
- 4:00pm 02/16/18Sign-up for March Food $en$e Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/09/18Coop sets date for 22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 02/02/18Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 01/26/18Library screens farm documentary
- 12:00pm 01/26/18Sign-up today for February Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 12/22/17Additional Food $en$e sign-up announced
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Sign-up for January Food $en$e Dec. 22
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Garden club hosts holiday gathering