McConnellsville Garden Club meets Tuesday
CAMDEN — The opening meeting of the McConnellsville Garden Club for 2017 will be Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at the historic W.H. Dorrance House, 32 Church St. in Camden, the club announced.
The group after touring the home will have a traditional English Tea luncheon provided by Dorrance House staff. Members will then discuss annuals, perennials and shrubbery suitable for Victorian-era gardens.
The Victorian-era home, built in 1880 and on the National Register of Historic Places, is being restored by Casey Cook.
The 85-year-old garden club includes members from McConnellsville, Camden, Constantia, West Monroe and the north shore of Oneida Lake who are interested in gardening, horticulture, ecology and in expanding their knowledge of those topics.
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Food $en$e orders being taken at five sites
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Dining for a Cause ticket deadline May 31
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Master gardeners list classes
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale Saturday; children’s contest slated
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Farmers’ Market each Tuesday
- 4:00pm 05/17/17Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 05/12/17Jervis will host community garden
- 4:00pm 05/05/17Holy Cross plant sale May 11-14
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Food $en$e open to everyone; orders being taken at five sites