McConnellsville Garden Club meets Tuesday
CAMDEN — The opening meeting of the McConnellsville Garden Club for 2017 will be Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at the historic W.H. Dorrance House, 32 Church St. in Camden, the club announced.
The group after touring the home will have a traditional English Tea luncheon provided by Dorrance House staff. Members will then discuss annuals, perennials and shrubbery suitable for Victorian-era gardens.
The Victorian-era home, built in 1880 and on the National Register of Historic Places, is being restored by Casey Cook.
The 85-year-old garden club includes members from McConnellsville, Camden, Constantia, West Monroe and the north shore of Oneida Lake who are interested in gardening, horticulture, ecology and in expanding their knowledge of those topics.
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 06/09/1822nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Yard of the Month contest in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sign-up for June Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Junior Dairy Leaders graduation slated
- 4:00pm 05/25/18DEC reminds campers to use local firewood
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Gardener’s of Rome plant sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Sherrill Garden Club sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/04/18Holy Cross offers Mother’s Day plant sale