Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
ONEIDA — The Madison County Hop Fest celebrates the past, present and future of the hop industry on Saturday, Sept. 16, from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at the Madison County Historical Society, 435 Main St.
Free admission for presentations, exhibitors, and vendor booths. Special events include:
• Taste of Hops: a food and beer pairing from noon to 2 p.m. Tickets are limited to 150, and are $30, $25 in advance.
Participating restaurants and caterers-Creekside Inn, Colgate Inn, Good Nature Farm Brewery, Empire Farm Brewery, Hipstir Cafe, Napoleon’s Cafe, No. 10 Tavern, Poolville Country Store. Participants receive a 5 oz. glass. Participants must be at least 21 to sample the craft beer.
• Craft Beer Sampling: over 30 craft breweries participating, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. Tickets are $35, $30 in advance. Participants receive a 5 oz. glass. Brewery representatives will be on hand to answer questions.
• Norm Dann of Peterboro will once again be selling Hop plants for the Fest. His potted hop plants are ready for sale for $5 and can be purchased by calling him at 315-380-9389, or by contacting him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Plants will be available at the Hop Fest.
The hop varieties available include Cascade and “Hedgerow Hops” from the wild stock of the old hop yards near Bouckville, where commercial hop growing was introduced to NYS in 1808.
For more information, go online to www.madisoncountyhopfest.org.
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 08/24/18Sign-up for September Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 08/03/18July Yards of the Month announced
- 4:00pm 08/03/18NYSAES gets new name: Cornell AgriTech
- 4:00pm 08/03/18Secret Garden Tour Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Sign-up for August Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Garden Tour Aug. 9 in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/13/18Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
- 4:00pm 07/06/18Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘Green’ your summer
- 4:00pm 06/29/18Garden club hosts flower show, luncheon July 9
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Root Farm begins second year of Community Supported Agriculture