Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
ONEIDA — The Madison County Hop Fest celebrates the past, present and future of the hop industry on Saturday, Sept. 16, from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at the Madison County Historical Society, 435 Main St.
Free admission for presentations, exhibitors, and vendor booths. Special events include:
• Taste of Hops: a food and beer pairing from noon to 2 p.m. Tickets are limited to 150, and are $30, $25 in advance.
Participating restaurants and caterers-Creekside Inn, Colgate Inn, Good Nature Farm Brewery, Empire Farm Brewery, Hipstir Cafe, Napoleon’s Cafe, No. 10 Tavern, Poolville Country Store. Participants receive a 5 oz. glass. Participants must be at least 21 to sample the craft beer.
• Craft Beer Sampling: over 30 craft breweries participating, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. Tickets are $35, $30 in advance. Participants receive a 5 oz. glass. Brewery representatives will be on hand to answer questions.
• Norm Dann of Peterboro will once again be selling Hop plants for the Fest. His potted hop plants are ready for sale for $5 and can be purchased by calling him at 315-380-9389, or by contacting him via email at email@example.com. Plants will be available at the Hop Fest.
The hop varieties available include Cascade and “Hedgerow Hops” from the wild stock of the old hop yards near Bouckville, where commercial hop growing was introduced to NYS in 1808.
For more information, go online to www.madisoncountyhopfest.org.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15
- 4:00pm 02/16/18Sign-up for March Food $en$e Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/09/18Coop sets date for 22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 02/02/18Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 01/26/18Library screens farm documentary
- 12:00pm 01/26/18Sign-up today for February Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 12/22/17Additional Food $en$e sign-up announced
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Sign-up for January Food $en$e Dec. 22
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Garden club hosts holiday gathering