Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
ONEIDA — The Madison County Hop Fest celebrates the past, present and future of the hop industry on Saturday, Sept. 16, from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at the Madison County Historical Society, 435 Main St.
Free admission for presentations, exhibitors, and vendor booths. Special events include:
• Taste of Hops: a food and beer pairing from noon to 2 p.m. Tickets are limited to 150, and are $30, $25 in advance.
Participating restaurants and caterers-Creekside Inn, Colgate Inn, Good Nature Farm Brewery, Empire Farm Brewery, Hipstir Cafe, Napoleon’s Cafe, No. 10 Tavern, Poolville Country Store. Participants receive a 5 oz. glass. Participants must be at least 21 to sample the craft beer.
• Craft Beer Sampling: over 30 craft breweries participating, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. Tickets are $35, $30 in advance. Participants receive a 5 oz. glass. Brewery representatives will be on hand to answer questions.
• Norm Dann of Peterboro will once again be selling Hop plants for the Fest. His potted hop plants are ready for sale for $5 and can be purchased by calling him at 315-380-9389, or by contacting him via email at email@example.com. Plants will be available at the Hop Fest.
The hop varieties available include Cascade and “Hedgerow Hops” from the wild stock of the old hop yards near Bouckville, where commercial hop growing was introduced to NYS in 1808.
For more information, go online to www.madisoncountyhopfest.org.
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Cornell Cooperative Extension offers QuickBooks for Farmers class
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Garden club tours historic site Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/01/17Sign-up now for Hop Fest events
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Foothills Rural Community Ministry announces September hours
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Annual Garden Auction Monday
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Drought Atlas aims to help area farmers
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Master Gardeners offer workshops
- 4:00pm 07/28/17Garden club meets Aug. 7
- 4:00pm 07/28/17Sign-up for August Food $en$e today