Inaugural Maple Fest in Speculator March 17
SPECULATOR — The inaugural Maple Fest will take place March 17.
Start the day with a pancake breakfast with real maple syrup 8-11 a.m. at The Inn at Speculator on Route 8. Donations benefit the Fourth of July parade.
From there, grab a map of the local sugar houses and take a tour. Maps will be available at the breakfast, the Chamber of Commerce and Lake Pleasant Library. Each producer does sugaring a little differently, so visit them all.
Stop by the Lake Pleasant Public Library 10 a.m.-4 p.m. for a craft fair sponsored by the Historical Society of Lake Pleasant and Speculator, and a maple bake sale supporting the parade.
Get a team together and give Irish Road Bowling a try at noon, sponsored by the Speculator Lions Club.
Head up to Oak Mountain to watch the pondskimming competition 1-2 p.m., and then listen to The Old Main in the Acorn Pub 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Check out the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. The Inn at Speculator will be serving corned beef and cabbage dinner 5-9 p.m., followed by drink specials and music with DJ ADKaraoke. Oxbow Inn is also serving up corned beef and cabbage 5-9 as well, followed by music by Luke & Mike, starting around 9.
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 06/09/1822nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Yard of the Month contest in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sign-up for June Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Junior Dairy Leaders graduation slated
- 4:00pm 05/25/18DEC reminds campers to use local firewood
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Gardener’s of Rome plant sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Sherrill Garden Club sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/04/18Holy Cross offers Mother’s Day plant sale