Habitat build starting in Utica; volunteers need to sign up
UTICA — Oneida County Habitat for Humanity is starting its next project, a rehabilitation at 1025 Steuben St., Utica.
Starting Saturday, Oct. 31, crews of volunteers will be hammering away to prepare for the group’s next family. Building will take place every Saturday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Volunteers must pre-register for a specific date online at: http://oneidacountyhabitat.org/get-involved-2/volunteer-opportunities-2/.
Volunteers are chosen on a first come, first serve basis. They are reminded that “you volunteer for the time, not the task. This means, critical tasks must be completed first.”
Construction shifts are available the next four Saturdays. As construction moves forward, more opportunities will open up.
Volunteers are asked to not show up to the work site without pre-registering.
During the work shifts Habitat will also be collecting Christmas decorations in good condition. Its ReStore truck and volunteers will be on-site during construction days for donations to be dropped off.
For more information on acceptable donations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-off days: are Nov. 7,14 and 21 between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.at the work site, 1025 Steuben St., Utica. OCHFH staff have the right to deny any donation at the time of drop off.
There is no word yet on when the ReStore at 216 Seward Ave., Utica, which has roof damage after a storm, will be repaired and reopen. Go online to restoreoneidacounty.org for more information. Also, there is no word on when a build will start on the Habitat property at 509-511 Floyd Ave. in Rome, which the group obtained in 2010.
On the net:
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Cornell Cooperative Extension offers QuickBooks for Farmers class
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Garden club tours historic site Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/01/17Sign-up now for Hop Fest events
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Foothills Rural Community Ministry announces September hours
- 4:00pm 08/25/17Annual Garden Auction Monday
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Drought Atlas aims to help area farmers
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Master Gardeners offer workshops
- 4:00pm 07/28/17Garden club meets Aug. 7
- 4:00pm 07/28/17Sign-up for August Food $en$e today