Habitat build starting in Utica; volunteers need to sign up
UTICA — Oneida County Habitat for Humanity is starting its next project, a rehabilitation at 1025 Steuben St., Utica.
Starting Saturday, Oct. 31, crews of volunteers will be hammering away to prepare for the group’s next family. Building will take place every Saturday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Volunteers must pre-register for a specific date online at: http://oneidacountyhabitat.org/get-involved-2/volunteer-opportunities-2/.
Volunteers are chosen on a first come, first serve basis. They are reminded that “you volunteer for the time, not the task. This means, critical tasks must be completed first.”
Construction shifts are available the next four Saturdays. As construction moves forward, more opportunities will open up.
Volunteers are asked to not show up to the work site without pre-registering.
During the work shifts Habitat will also be collecting Christmas decorations in good condition. Its ReStore truck and volunteers will be on-site during construction days for donations to be dropped off.
For more information on acceptable donations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-off days: are Nov. 7,14 and 21 between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.at the work site, 1025 Steuben St., Utica. OCHFH staff have the right to deny any donation at the time of drop off.
There is no word yet on when the ReStore at 216 Seward Ave., Utica, which has roof damage after a storm, will be repaired and reopen. Go online to restoreoneidacounty.org for more information. Also, there is no word on when a build will start on the Habitat property at 509-511 Floyd Ave. in Rome, which the group obtained in 2010.
On the net:
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 06/09/1822nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Yard of the Month contest in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sign-up for June Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Junior Dairy Leaders graduation slated
- 4:00pm 05/25/18DEC reminds campers to use local firewood
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Gardener’s of Rome plant sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Sherrill Garden Club sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/04/18Holy Cross offers Mother’s Day plant sale