Green waste pickup Monday
The Department of Public Works will begin the weekly collection of green waste and brush for the inside district starting Monday, April 16.
DPW crews will pick up green waste the day before an area’s regular rubbish pickup day.
All green waste must be in containers; no loose piles of green waste will be picked up. Use either up to five 30-gallon containers or five 30-gallon 100 percent biodegradable lawn-and-leaf paper bags, as plastic bags will be left at the curb.
Each container or bag must weigh no more than 50 pounds. No foreign matter should be co-mingled with green waste.
Brush and limbs should be cut up, and cannot be more than 5 feet in length with butt ends toward the road. Limbs should be no larger than six inches in diameter and manageable by hand. There will be no shrub or root ball pickup at the curb.
All Rome residents can bring their green waste, brush, limbs larger than six inches in diameter and shrubs or root balls to the City Yard at 132 Race St. between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. weekdays or 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays beginning April 14.
For more information, call the Department of Public Works at 315-339-7778.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Bonsai workshop Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Green waste pickup Monday
- 4:00pm 04/12/18Facebook for Farmers workshop April 17
- 4:00pm 04/10/18Green waste pickup to begin Monday for inside district
- 4:00pm 04/06/18Credit union offers home buyers’ workshop
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Gardeners group meets Monday
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/09/18Dairy producers meet March 14
- 4:00pm 03/02/18Inaugural Maple Fest in Speculator March 17
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15