Green waste pickup Monday
The Department of Public Works will begin the weekly collection of green waste and brush for the inside district starting Monday, April 16.
DPW crews will pick up green waste the day before an area’s regular rubbish pickup day.
All green waste must be in containers; no loose piles of green waste will be picked up. Use either up to five 30-gallon containers or five 30-gallon 100 percent biodegradable lawn-and-leaf paper bags, as plastic bags will be left at the curb.
Each container or bag must weigh no more than 50 pounds. No foreign matter should be co-mingled with green waste.
Brush and limbs should be cut up, and cannot be more than 5 feet in length with butt ends toward the road. Limbs should be no larger than six inches in diameter and manageable by hand. There will be no shrub or root ball pickup at the curb.
All Rome residents can bring their green waste, brush, limbs larger than six inches in diameter and shrubs or root balls to the City Yard at 132 Race St. between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. weekdays or 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays beginning April 14.
For more information, call the Department of Public Works at 315-339-7778.
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 08/24/18Sign-up for September Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 08/03/18July Yards of the Month announced
- 4:00pm 08/03/18NYSAES gets new name: Cornell AgriTech
- 4:00pm 08/03/18Secret Garden Tour Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Sign-up for August Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Garden Tour Aug. 9 in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/13/18Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy