Geothermal info offered
WEST WINFIELD — There will be a free information session about geothermal energy at 10 a.m. on Thursday, March 16, at the John Mcnulty property, 156 Pritchard Road.
Learn and observe at an on-site installation of a pond-source geothermal system that also features a solar photovoltaic electric power source. Learn of these technologies as possibilities for heating, cooling and electrical needs for a farm, business or residence.
Registration is requested by March 14 by calling 315-736-3394 extension 124, email email@example.com or visit reg.cce.cornell.edu/gpib_230. Leave a name, address, email and preferred phone in case of changes.
Nick Pryputniewicz, mechanical engineer, of NP Environmental, will speak on the basics of geothermal systems, components, costs and incentives. He will offer information on site evaluations, energy audits, price and value and system performance.
A solution to high energy costs is buried underground, organizers said.
Geothermal pumps can provide clean, quiet heating and cooling while cutting utility bills by up to 70 percent. The earth’s temperature stays at a constant 50 degrees independent of how hot or cold it is outside. Deep wells may also be an option if space and lateral loops do not fit the property plan.
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
Youngsters win pumpkin, sunflower contest
Jervis Recycling Day Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Food $en$e open to everyone; orders being taken at five sites
- 4:00pm 04/21/17‘Look for zero’ campaign launched; phosphorus-free fertilizer promoted
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Tours, shredding, drug drop-off part of Earth Day events
- 1:00pm 04/11/17Green waste collection starts Monday in Rome
- 4:00pm 04/10/17McConnellsville Garden Club meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/07/17Habitat issues RePallet challenge
- 4:00pm 04/07/17Last call: Online compost bin, rain barrel orders due by Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/31/17Foothills food pantry serves seven towns Group seeks volunteers
- 4:00pm 03/31/17Food $en$e orders being taken
- 4:00pm 03/29/17Antique Appraisal Night Tuesday