Foothills Thrift Shop changes hours; donations, volunteers needed
HOLLAND PATENT — The Foothills Rural Country Corner Thrift Shop in the Presbyterian Church on the Park will no longer be open during the evening hours when the Food Pantry is open.
The pantry will be open Wednesday evening, Dec. 7th from 5-7 p.m.
The first three Saturdays -- Dec. 3, 10, 17 the Pantry and Thrift Store will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
It’s Christmas Basket program will be distributing the baskets on Dec. 16 and 17.
Organizers said, “We continue to have needs for non-perishable food items and personal care items such as tooth paste, shampoo, bar soaps, and paper items including Kleenex, toilet tissue, and paper towels. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are also not available through the Food Bank. Donations can be dropped off any of the times we are open listed earlier in this article or during office hours on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Should you have any questions you can call the Foothills Office at 865-5854.”
It also offers cooperative food purchasing through the Food $en$e program. Participation in this monthly food purchasing program is open to anyone who eats food. There are no income restrictions.
The program has also recently been changed with an expanded menu and increased special individual items. Call the office or stop in during pantry hours to get additional information.
The Country Corner Thrift Store is receiving new donations weekly and has a good supply of fall and winter clothing items.
“Stop in and check out the selection,” the volunteers said.
Organizers said, “We are also in need of volunteers to help in our Thrift Store operation. If you could give a couple hours a month give us a call.”
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
Youngsters win pumpkin, sunflower contest
Jervis Recycling Day Wednesday
- 4:00pm 03/29/17Antique Appraisal Night Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/24/17DEC advises homeowners: Avoid problems with bears and coyotes
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Homebuilders, remodelers expo April 1-2
- 4:00pm 03/24/17June 17 selected for 21st annual Herb and Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 03/03/17New residential building codes forum in Marcy
- 4:00pm 03/03/17Geothermal info offered
- 4:00pm 02/24/17Agencies to let farmers know what help is available
- 4:00pm 02/17/17Signup starts Feb. 24 for March Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 01/27/17Signup starts today for February Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 01/20/17Young gardeners receive national honors