Foothills Thrift Shop changes hours; donations, volunteers needed
HOLLAND PATENT — The Foothills Rural Country Corner Thrift Shop in the Presbyterian Church on the Park will no longer be open during the evening hours when the Food Pantry is open.
The pantry will be open Wednesday evening, Dec. 7th from 5-7 p.m.
The first three Saturdays -- Dec. 3, 10, 17 the Pantry and Thrift Store will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
It’s Christmas Basket program will be distributing the baskets on Dec. 16 and 17.
Organizers said, “We continue to have needs for non-perishable food items and personal care items such as tooth paste, shampoo, bar soaps, and paper items including Kleenex, toilet tissue, and paper towels. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are also not available through the Food Bank. Donations can be dropped off any of the times we are open listed earlier in this article or during office hours on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Should you have any questions you can call the Foothills Office at 865-5854.”
It also offers cooperative food purchasing through the Food $en$e program. Participation in this monthly food purchasing program is open to anyone who eats food. There are no income restrictions.
The program has also recently been changed with an expanded menu and increased special individual items. Call the office or stop in during pantry hours to get additional information.
The Country Corner Thrift Store is receiving new donations weekly and has a good supply of fall and winter clothing items.
“Stop in and check out the selection,” the volunteers said.
Organizers said, “We are also in need of volunteers to help in our Thrift Store operation. If you could give a couple hours a month give us a call.”
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
Youngsters win pumpkin, sunflower contest
Jervis Recycling Day Wednesday
- 4:00pm 01/20/17Young gardeners receive national honors
- 4:00pm 12/23/16Signup starts today for January Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 12/16/16Many at benefit win arrangements made by garden club members
- 4:00pm 12/02/16Foothills Thrift Shop changes hours; donations, volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 11/04/16Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
- 4:00pm 11/04/16Free marketing workshop for livestock producers
- 4:00pm 10/28/16Youngsters win pumpkin, sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 10/28/16Oak-killing fungus found in Canandaigua; DEC seeks reports on quick deaths
- 4:00pm 10/21/16November hours for food pantry, thrift shop
- 4:00pm 10/21/16Gardeners gather Monday