Foothills Thrift Shop changes hours; donations, volunteers needed
HOLLAND PATENT — The Foothills Rural Country Corner Thrift Shop in the Presbyterian Church on the Park will no longer be open during the evening hours when the Food Pantry is open.
The pantry will be open Wednesday evening, Dec. 7th from 5-7 p.m.
The first three Saturdays -- Dec. 3, 10, 17 the Pantry and Thrift Store will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
It’s Christmas Basket program will be distributing the baskets on Dec. 16 and 17.
Organizers said, “We continue to have needs for non-perishable food items and personal care items such as tooth paste, shampoo, bar soaps, and paper items including Kleenex, toilet tissue, and paper towels. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are also not available through the Food Bank. Donations can be dropped off any of the times we are open listed earlier in this article or during office hours on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Should you have any questions you can call the Foothills Office at 865-5854.”
It also offers cooperative food purchasing through the Food $en$e program. Participation in this monthly food purchasing program is open to anyone who eats food. There are no income restrictions.
The program has also recently been changed with an expanded menu and increased special individual items. Call the office or stop in during pantry hours to get additional information.
The Country Corner Thrift Store is receiving new donations weekly and has a good supply of fall and winter clothing items.
“Stop in and check out the selection,” the volunteers said.
Organizers said, “We are also in need of volunteers to help in our Thrift Store operation. If you could give a couple hours a month give us a call.”
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Food $en$e orders being taken at five sites
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Dining for a Cause ticket deadline May 31
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Master gardeners list classes
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale Saturday; children’s contest slated
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Farmers’ Market each Tuesday
- 4:00pm 05/17/17Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 05/12/17Jervis will host community garden
- 4:00pm 05/05/17Holy Cross plant sale May 11-14
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Food $en$e open to everyone; orders being taken at five sites