Foothills Thrift Shop changes hours; donations, volunteers needed
HOLLAND PATENT — The Foothills Rural Country Corner Thrift Shop in the Presbyterian Church on the Park will no longer be open during the evening hours when the Food Pantry is open.
The pantry will be open Wednesday evening, Dec. 7th from 5-7 p.m.
The first three Saturdays -- Dec. 3, 10, 17 the Pantry and Thrift Store will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
It’s Christmas Basket program will be distributing the baskets on Dec. 16 and 17.
Organizers said, “We continue to have needs for non-perishable food items and personal care items such as tooth paste, shampoo, bar soaps, and paper items including Kleenex, toilet tissue, and paper towels. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are also not available through the Food Bank. Donations can be dropped off any of the times we are open listed earlier in this article or during office hours on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Should you have any questions you can call the Foothills Office at 865-5854.”
It also offers cooperative food purchasing through the Food $en$e program. Participation in this monthly food purchasing program is open to anyone who eats food. There are no income restrictions.
The program has also recently been changed with an expanded menu and increased special individual items. Call the office or stop in during pantry hours to get additional information.
The Country Corner Thrift Store is receiving new donations weekly and has a good supply of fall and winter clothing items.
“Stop in and check out the selection,” the volunteers said.
Organizers said, “We are also in need of volunteers to help in our Thrift Store operation. If you could give a couple hours a month give us a call.”
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Bonsai workshop Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Green waste pickup Monday
- 4:00pm 04/12/18Facebook for Farmers workshop April 17
- 4:00pm 04/10/18Green waste pickup to begin Monday for inside district
- 4:00pm 04/06/18Credit union offers home buyers’ workshop
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Gardeners group meets Monday
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/09/18Dairy producers meet March 14