Foothills Rural Community Ministry announces September hours
Foothills Rural Community Ministry have set their hours for the month of September. All three of these programs offered by the ministry are located at the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
Open dates include Wednesday, Sept. 6 from 4-6 p.m.; Saturdays Sept. 2, 9, 16 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; and Thursday, Sept. 28, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. On Sept. 28 there will also be a WIC Clinic at the church to serve the needs of those in the area using their services.
The pantry is in need of donated non perishable food items. The pantry serves an average of 160 families from the seven townships in our service area. Those families that use the food pantry may also get pet food from Sarah’s Pet Pantry.
The Country Corner Thrift Store is not open on Wednesdays. The thrift store offers good used clothing and small household items at reasonable prices. Bag sales will be available the first and third Saturday each month. Bags containing 20 items or less will sell for $4. The proceeds from the store support the food pantry. The store is in need of good used clothing and small household items. Donated items may be dropped off on any day the ministry is open, or on Monday and Thursday each week during our office hours from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
The ministry also offers farmers’ market coupons. The Trenton Farmers’ Market is open every Saturday in September from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
To volunteer with the Foothills Rural Community Ministry, call 315-865-5854 on Mondays or Thursdays during office hours or leave a message.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Gardener’s of Rome plant sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Sherrill Garden Club sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/04/18Holy Cross offers Mother’s Day plant sale
- 4:00pm 04/27/18Moms Club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Bonsai workshop Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Green waste pickup Monday
- 4:00pm 04/12/18Facebook for Farmers workshop April 17