Foothills Rural Community Ministry announces September hours
Foothills Rural Community Ministry have set their hours for the month of September. All three of these programs offered by the ministry are located at the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
Open dates include Wednesday, Sept. 6 from 4-6 p.m.; Saturdays Sept. 2, 9, 16 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; and Thursday, Sept. 28, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. On Sept. 28 there will also be a WIC Clinic at the church to serve the needs of those in the area using their services.
The pantry is in need of donated non perishable food items. The pantry serves an average of 160 families from the seven townships in our service area. Those families that use the food pantry may also get pet food from Sarah’s Pet Pantry.
The Country Corner Thrift Store is not open on Wednesdays. The thrift store offers good used clothing and small household items at reasonable prices. Bag sales will be available the first and third Saturday each month. Bags containing 20 items or less will sell for $4. The proceeds from the store support the food pantry. The store is in need of good used clothing and small household items. Donated items may be dropped off on any day the ministry is open, or on Monday and Thursday each week during our office hours from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
The ministry also offers farmers’ market coupons. The Trenton Farmers’ Market is open every Saturday in September from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
To volunteer with the Foothills Rural Community Ministry, call 315-865-5854 on Mondays or Thursdays during office hours or leave a message.
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Food $en$e sign-ups today
- 4:00pm 11/10/17Don’t use plastic garbage bags, cardboard boxes for green waste
- 4:00pm 11/07/17Get raking — leaf collection to start Nov. 13 in city
- 4:00pm 10/27/17Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
- 4:00pm 10/27/17Sign-up for November Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 10/13/17Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Agricultural education topic of banquet Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Cornell Cooperative Extension offers QuickBooks for Farmers class