Foothills food pantry serves seven towns Group seeks volunteers
HOLLAND PATENT — Foothills Rural Community Ministry has set its hours for April. All three of these programs operated by Foothills Rural Community Ministry located at the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
The programs will offer their services on Wednesday April 5 from 5 to 7 p.m. The Country Corner Thrift Store is not open on the Wednesday date.
The services will also be available on the first three Saturdays in April, April 1, 8, and 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The final day of operation in April will be on Thursday, April 27, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. That day there will also be a WIC Clinic at the church to serve the needs of those in the area using those services.
During April Foothills is collecting garden seed packets which will be distributed to the clients to help encourage growing some fresh produce for their own use.
The service is always in need of donated non perishable food items.
The pantry serves an average of 160 families from the seven townships in our service area. Those families that use the food pantry may also get pet food from Sarah’s Pet Pantry.
The Country Corner Thrift Store, which is open to the public, offers good used clothing and small household items at “very reasonable prices.” It also has bags sales for even greater opportunities to save. The proceeds from the Thrift Store are used to support the food pantry. It can always use donations of good used clothing and small household items.
Foothills can always use volunteers to help with any of its programs. If you have a couple of hours a month to offer call the Foothills Office on Mondays or Thursdays between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at 315-865-5854 or leave a message. “Volunteering in programs that help our neighbors is a very rewarding experience,” officials said.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15
- 4:00pm 02/16/18Sign-up for March Food $en$e Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/09/18Coop sets date for 22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 02/02/18Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 01/26/18Library screens farm documentary
- 12:00pm 01/26/18Sign-up today for February Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 12/22/17Additional Food $en$e sign-up announced
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Sign-up for January Food $en$e Dec. 22
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 12/01/17Garden club hosts holiday gathering