Foothills food pantry serves seven towns Group seeks volunteers
HOLLAND PATENT — Foothills Rural Community Ministry has set its hours for April. All three of these programs operated by Foothills Rural Community Ministry located at the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
The programs will offer their services on Wednesday April 5 from 5 to 7 p.m. The Country Corner Thrift Store is not open on the Wednesday date.
The services will also be available on the first three Saturdays in April, April 1, 8, and 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The final day of operation in April will be on Thursday, April 27, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. That day there will also be a WIC Clinic at the church to serve the needs of those in the area using those services.
During April Foothills is collecting garden seed packets which will be distributed to the clients to help encourage growing some fresh produce for their own use.
The service is always in need of donated non perishable food items.
The pantry serves an average of 160 families from the seven townships in our service area. Those families that use the food pantry may also get pet food from Sarah’s Pet Pantry.
The Country Corner Thrift Store, which is open to the public, offers good used clothing and small household items at “very reasonable prices.” It also has bags sales for even greater opportunities to save. The proceeds from the Thrift Store are used to support the food pantry. It can always use donations of good used clothing and small household items.
Foothills can always use volunteers to help with any of its programs. If you have a couple of hours a month to offer call the Foothills Office on Mondays or Thursdays between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at 315-865-5854 or leave a message. “Volunteering in programs that help our neighbors is a very rewarding experience,” officials said.
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
Youngsters win pumpkin, sunflower contest
Jervis Recycling Day Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Food $en$e open to everyone; orders being taken at five sites
- 4:00pm 04/21/17‘Look for zero’ campaign launched; phosphorus-free fertilizer promoted
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Tours, shredding, drug drop-off part of Earth Day events
- 1:00pm 04/11/17Green waste collection starts Monday in Rome
- 4:00pm 04/10/17McConnellsville Garden Club meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/07/17Habitat issues RePallet challenge
- 4:00pm 04/07/17Last call: Online compost bin, rain barrel orders due by Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/31/17Foothills food pantry serves seven towns Group seeks volunteers
- 4:00pm 03/31/17Food $en$e orders being taken
- 4:00pm 03/29/17Antique Appraisal Night Tuesday