Foothills food pantry serves seven towns Group seeks volunteers
HOLLAND PATENT — Foothills Rural Community Ministry has set its hours for April. All three of these programs operated by Foothills Rural Community Ministry located at the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
The programs will offer their services on Wednesday April 5 from 5 to 7 p.m. The Country Corner Thrift Store is not open on the Wednesday date.
The services will also be available on the first three Saturdays in April, April 1, 8, and 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The final day of operation in April will be on Thursday, April 27, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. That day there will also be a WIC Clinic at the church to serve the needs of those in the area using those services.
During April Foothills is collecting garden seed packets which will be distributed to the clients to help encourage growing some fresh produce for their own use.
The service is always in need of donated non perishable food items.
The pantry serves an average of 160 families from the seven townships in our service area. Those families that use the food pantry may also get pet food from Sarah’s Pet Pantry.
The Country Corner Thrift Store, which is open to the public, offers good used clothing and small household items at “very reasonable prices.” It also has bags sales for even greater opportunities to save. The proceeds from the Thrift Store are used to support the food pantry. It can always use donations of good used clothing and small household items.
Foothills can always use volunteers to help with any of its programs. If you have a couple of hours a month to offer call the Foothills Office on Mondays or Thursdays between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at 315-865-5854 or leave a message. “Volunteering in programs that help our neighbors is a very rewarding experience,” officials said.
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Drought Atlas aims to help area farmers
- 4:00pm 08/11/17Master Gardeners offer workshops
- 4:00pm 07/28/17Garden club meets Aug. 7
- 4:00pm 07/28/17Sign-up for August Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 07/14/17Classes offered by master gardeners
- 4:00pm 07/07/17Terrarium first project for teens at Jervis
- 4:00pm 07/07/17Cookbook Club tries ‘Six Seasons’ recipes
- 4:00pm 07/07/17Garden club hosts flower show Monday
- 4:00pm 06/30/17Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
- 4:00pm 06/16/17Herb and Flower Festival Saturday