Food $en$e open to everyone; orders being taken at five sites
Registration for the May Food $en$e program — open to everyone regardless of income — will be held at United Methodist churches in Rome, Lee Center and Vernon, the First Baptist Church in Rome, and the Presbyterian Church in Holland Patent.
Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate. There are no income guidelines.
The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Signups are scheduled at:
- First United Methodist Church, 400 N. George St.: registration from noon to 2 p.m. Friday, April 28 and 7 from noon-1 p.m. Sunday, May 7. Registrations, for pickup at First United Methodist, will also be accepted from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Thursday, May 11, in the First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St.
The food may be picked up Friday, May 26, between noon and 2 p.m. in First United Methodist Church. Sign-ups for the following month will also be accepted when picking up food.
For information, call 315-336-1740.
- At the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road, registration from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, April 28, and from 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, May 9.
The food may be picked up Friday, May 26, at the church.
For information, call Lee Center United Methodist Church at 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
- Foothills Rural Community Ministry, Presbyterian Church, Holland Patent (across from the park just off Route 365). Registration from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 6.
The food may be picked up between 12:30 and 2 p.m. Friday, May 26 or between 10 a.m. and noon Saturday, May 27. (Frozen foods will be kept in a freezer for the Saturday pickup).
- United Methodist Church, 5694 E. Main St., Vernon. Orders April 28 1-2 p.m. for pickup May 26 between 1 and 2 p.m.
Projected List for May: Pork Tenderloin, 1.8 pounds (avg.); Chicken Drumsticks, 3.2 pounds (avg.); Crab Cakes, 12 oz.; Ground Beef, 1 pound; Hot Dogs, 1 pound; Fresh Macaroni Salad, 16 oz.; Pork & Beans, 15 oz.; Beef & Vegetable Soup, 18.5 oz.; Frozen Green Beans, 16 oz; Frozen Strawberries, 1 pound; two Fresh Produce.
Specials sold separately (either in addition to or separate from the unit) are:
Chicken Tender Fritters: 5 pounds for $6.75 - The chicken fritters are breaded and can be used in the fryer or oven.
Italian Meatballs: 5 pounds for $13.00 - The Italian meatballs are fully-cooked; just heat and serve.
Protein Box: $14.00 - The Protein Box contains: chicken breast (bone-in) 4 pounds, Haddock fillets 1 pound, ground turkey 1 pound, beef sandwich steaks 10.5 oz., and bologna 1 pound
Onion Rings: 2.5 pounds for $5.50 - The onion rings are ready to cook and can be used in the oven or fryer.
Turkey Burgers: 2 pounds for $6.25 - The turkey burgers are a Jennie-O product and are all natural.
Italian Sausage: 3 pounds for $10.50 - The Italian sausage is a sweet sausage and made in Utica.
Hot Pockets: 12/8 oz. sandwiches for $17.50 - The Hot Pockets are Philly Steak with 12 sandwiches per special.
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
Young gardeners receive national honors
- 4:00pm 06/16/17Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/16/17July Food $en$e orders collected at five locations
- 11:35am 06/06/17Cottage Lawn Farmers’ Market offers Planting Day
- 4:00pm 06/02/17Food $en$e signups Tuesday in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 06/02/17McConnellsville Garden Club to tour rose garden in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Hannaford grocery bags aid Foothills during June
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Village of Vernon sales June 2-4
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Foothills Food Pantry seeks help serving 160 families in seven towns
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Brunch Bingo aids Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Food $en$e orders being taken at five sites