Fall planting class Tuesday
OLD FORGE — A free Fall Planting Workshop, led by Bernie Armata from Cornell Cooperative Extension, will be held at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., on Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 6:30 p.m. Armata will discuss plants that are ideal for fall planting in Zone 3 and planting techniques, as well as a popular local topic, nuisance wildlife.
The workshop is sponsored by the Old Forge Garden Club, a local group of gardeners who meet to share their love of plants and gardening through a variety of informational programs, workshops, and field trips. Projects include beautification work at Point Park, a plant sale at the farmers’ market, and sharing blooms and cheer with the Lakeside Terrace residents.
The club meets on the second Tuesday of the month from May to October at 10 a.m. at View arts center on Route 28. New members are welcome.
Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 10/12/18Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 08/24/18Sign-up for September Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 08/03/18July Yards of the Month announced
- 4:00pm 08/03/18NYSAES gets new name: Cornell AgriTech
- 4:00pm 08/03/18Secret Garden Tour Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Sign-up for August Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Garden Tour Aug. 9 in Old Forge