Fall planting class Tuesday
OLD FORGE — A free Fall Planting Workshop, led by Bernie Armata from Cornell Cooperative Extension, will be held at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., on Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 6:30 p.m. Armata will discuss plants that are ideal for fall planting in Zone 3 and planting techniques, as well as a popular local topic, nuisance wildlife.
The workshop is sponsored by the Old Forge Garden Club, a local group of gardeners who meet to share their love of plants and gardening through a variety of informational programs, workshops, and field trips. Projects include beautification work at Point Park, a plant sale at the farmers’ market, and sharing blooms and cheer with the Lakeside Terrace residents.
The club meets on the second Tuesday of the month from May to October at 10 a.m. at View arts center on Route 28. New members are welcome.
Create festive holiday wreath at Rogers
Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
- 4:00pm 12/07/18Garden club announces drawing winners
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Workshop in Utica Tuesday on buying a home
- 4:00pm 11/09/18Create festive holiday wreath at Rogers
- 4:00pm 11/09/18Sign-up for Food $en$e Nov. 16
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Sign-up for November Food $en$e Oct. 26
- 4:00pm 10/12/18Siblings again take top honors in Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e