Dining for a Cause ticket deadline May 31
UTICA — The Resource Center for Independent Living (RCIL) invites you to an evening of fine cuisine and auctions.
On Wednesday, June 7, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Dorothy Smith Center for Advocacy at RCIL, 1607 Genesee St., RCIL is bringing together area chefs to benefit elderly individuals who would not otherwise be able to afford attending RCIL’s Adult Day Service program.
Enjoy an evening of fine cuisine prepared by local celebrity chefs:
- Tim Hardiman from Tailor and the Cook
- Mike Mirabelli and Francis Pezzolanella from Ocean Blue
- Mike Latreille from Michael’s Fine Food & Spirits
- Albert Zeina from Zeina’s Café and Catering
- Linda Irwin from Irwin’s Fine Foods
- Luis Colon from Chesterfield’s
- Jason Allen-Leonard from BITE Bakery and Café
- Wines, beers and spirits
- Emcee and Auctioneer, Dana Jerrard!
Tickets are $100 per person. Seating is limited. Visit www.rcil.com/celebritychef or call 315-797-4642 ext. 2987 to register by May 31.
All proceeds from Many Hearts, One Purpose… Dining for a Cause will directly benefit elderly individuals in Herkimer and Oneida Counties, who need the services available in a high-quality program but can’t afford it. This valuable program provides participants with personal care, social activities, door to door transportation, nutritious snacks, breakfast and a hot lunch. Activities are provided for up to 55 people each day in a safe and beautiful setting with a therapeutic outdoor garden and gathering space.
Sponsors are: Noviasky Family Fund, WKTV News Channel 2, Keeler in the Morning, Brian A. Gaetano Commercial Real Estate Services, Crown Risk Management, Adirondack Financial Services, McDonalds, Utica First Insurance Company, Holly Saupp & Eric Godbolt, Scalzo, Zogby & Wittig Insurance, Exclusively Yours by Wendy, Staffworks and MVP Healthcare.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Bonsai workshop Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/13/18Green waste pickup Monday
- 4:00pm 04/12/18Facebook for Farmers workshop April 17
- 4:00pm 04/10/18Green waste pickup to begin Monday for inside district
- 4:00pm 04/06/18Credit union offers home buyers’ workshop
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Gardeners group meets Monday
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/09/18Dairy producers meet March 14