Dining for a Cause ticket deadline May 31
UTICA — The Resource Center for Independent Living (RCIL) invites you to an evening of fine cuisine and auctions.
On Wednesday, June 7, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Dorothy Smith Center for Advocacy at RCIL, 1607 Genesee St., RCIL is bringing together area chefs to benefit elderly individuals who would not otherwise be able to afford attending RCIL’s Adult Day Service program.
Enjoy an evening of fine cuisine prepared by local celebrity chefs:
- Tim Hardiman from Tailor and the Cook
- Mike Mirabelli and Francis Pezzolanella from Ocean Blue
- Mike Latreille from Michael’s Fine Food & Spirits
- Albert Zeina from Zeina’s Café and Catering
- Linda Irwin from Irwin’s Fine Foods
- Luis Colon from Chesterfield’s
- Jason Allen-Leonard from BITE Bakery and Café
- Wines, beers and spirits
- Emcee and Auctioneer, Dana Jerrard!
Tickets are $100 per person. Seating is limited. Visit www.rcil.com/celebritychef or call 315-797-4642 ext. 2987 to register by May 31.
All proceeds from Many Hearts, One Purpose… Dining for a Cause will directly benefit elderly individuals in Herkimer and Oneida Counties, who need the services available in a high-quality program but can’t afford it. This valuable program provides participants with personal care, social activities, door to door transportation, nutritious snacks, breakfast and a hot lunch. Activities are provided for up to 55 people each day in a safe and beautiful setting with a therapeutic outdoor garden and gathering space.
Sponsors are: Noviasky Family Fund, WKTV News Channel 2, Keeler in the Morning, Brian A. Gaetano Commercial Real Estate Services, Crown Risk Management, Adirondack Financial Services, McDonalds, Utica First Insurance Company, Holly Saupp & Eric Godbolt, Scalzo, Zogby & Wittig Insurance, Exclusively Yours by Wendy, Staffworks and MVP Healthcare.
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 06/09/1822nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Yard of the Month contest in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sign-up for June Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Junior Dairy Leaders graduation slated
- 4:00pm 05/25/18DEC reminds campers to use local firewood
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Gardener’s of Rome plant sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Sherrill Garden Club sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/04/18Holy Cross offers Mother’s Day plant sale