Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15
The New York State Maple Foundation’s Terry Laubish Maple Scholarship returns for 2018. All applications for the scholarship must be postmarked by March 15. Any high school senior with a connection to a New York State maple operation, either as a family member or employee, who is planning to attend a two- or four-year college beginning in fall 2018, can apply.
Applications and guidelines are available on request from Mary Jeanne Packer (518-854-7669) or via download at www.newyorkmaple.org.
The annual scholarship, established in 2016 in memory of Laubish, provides $250 per student. The scholarship is payable after the first semester of freshman year for winners.
“Terry was a strong advocate for the high-visibility state-wide Maple Weekend promotion and for the syrup judging contest and other educational activities at the New York State Fair,” said Mike Hill, president of the Foundation. “As a result of Terry’s tireless enthusiasm for communicating about the maple industry, public awareness and support for maple production in New York has been greatly improved.”
Christian Fisher of Camden was one of the winners last year.
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/09/18Dairy producers meet March 14
- 4:00pm 03/02/18Inaugural Maple Fest in Speculator March 17
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15
- 4:00pm 02/16/18Sign-up for March Food $en$e Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/09/18Coop sets date for 22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 02/02/18Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 01/26/18Library screens farm documentary
- 12:00pm 01/26/18Sign-up today for February Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 12/22/17Additional Food $en$e sign-up announced