Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15
The New York State Maple Foundation’s Terry Laubish Maple Scholarship returns for 2018. All applications for the scholarship must be postmarked by March 15. Any high school senior with a connection to a New York State maple operation, either as a family member or employee, who is planning to attend a two- or four-year college beginning in fall 2018, can apply.
Applications and guidelines are available on request from Mary Jeanne Packer (518-854-7669) or via download at www.newyorkmaple.org.
The annual scholarship, established in 2016 in memory of Laubish, provides $250 per student. The scholarship is payable after the first semester of freshman year for winners.
“Terry was a strong advocate for the high-visibility state-wide Maple Weekend promotion and for the syrup judging contest and other educational activities at the New York State Fair,” said Mike Hill, president of the Foundation. “As a result of Terry’s tireless enthusiasm for communicating about the maple industry, public awareness and support for maple production in New York has been greatly improved.”
Christian Fisher of Camden was one of the winners last year.
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
Tips for picking, preserving and even re-planting a Christmas tree
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Root Farm begins second year of Community Supported Agriculture
- 4:00pm 06/09/1822nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Garden volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 06/08/18Yard of the Month contest in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sign-up for June Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Junior Dairy Leaders graduation slated
- 4:00pm 05/25/18DEC reminds campers to use local firewood
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Gardener’s of Rome plant sale May 19
- 4:00pm 05/11/18Sherrill Garden Club sale May 19