Apply for Maple Foundation scholarship by March 15
The New York State Maple Foundation’s Terry Laubish Maple Scholarship returns for 2018. All applications for the scholarship must be postmarked by March 15. Any high school senior with a connection to a New York State maple operation, either as a family member or employee, who is planning to attend a two- or four-year college beginning in fall 2018, can apply.
Applications and guidelines are available on request from Mary Jeanne Packer (518-854-7669) or via download at www.newyorkmaple.org.
The annual scholarship, established in 2016 in memory of Laubish, provides $250 per student. The scholarship is payable after the first semester of freshman year for winners.
“Terry was a strong advocate for the high-visibility state-wide Maple Weekend promotion and for the syrup judging contest and other educational activities at the New York State Fair,” said Mike Hill, president of the Foundation. “As a result of Terry’s tireless enthusiasm for communicating about the maple industry, public awareness and support for maple production in New York has been greatly improved.”
Christian Fisher of Camden was one of the winners last year.
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
22nd annual Herb & Flower Festival June 16
Garden volunteers needed
Cinema hosts documentary, talk on farming
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 08/24/18Sign-up for September Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 08/03/18July Yards of the Month announced
- 4:00pm 08/03/18NYSAES gets new name: Cornell AgriTech
- 4:00pm 08/03/18Secret Garden Tour Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Sign-up for August Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 07/27/18Garden Tour Aug. 9 in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/13/18Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy