Agencies to let farmers know what help is available
MEXICO — The 4th annual Ag Agency Awareness Day will be held on Wednesday, March 8, from 11 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. in the Mexico VFW, 5930 Scenic Ave.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oswego County in collaboration with Oswego County Soil and Water, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and the United State Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency will again be sponsoring this workshop for agriculture producers.
Production Agriculture, or what we sometimes refer to as traditional agriculture, has come a long way since the days of horse drawn plows and hand labor. Improvements in technology and cutting edge research have allowed farmers to produce more food and fiber products on smaller acreages while still maintaining the tranquility of the rural landscape. With these improvements in production technologies come challenges that farmers need to address that affect the successful management of their farms.
The day is designed for both beginning and experienced farmers who are looking for information on how to improve or expand their agriculture businesses. Federal and NYS programs will be discussed including some cost share programs. The goal is to improve the awareness of agriculture agencies that are available to address the challenges faces by agricultural producers in Oswego County.
There is no cost to attend, but registration for lunch is needed by 4 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 27, by calling CCE of Oswego County at 315-963-7286.
For more information go online to www.thatscooperativeextension.org.
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
Youngsters win pumpkin, sunflower contest
Jervis Recycling Day Wednesday
- 4:00pm 03/03/17New residential building codes forum in Marcy
- 4:00pm 03/03/17Geothermal info offered
- 4:00pm 02/24/17Agencies to let farmers know what help is available
- 4:00pm 02/17/17Signup starts Feb. 24 for March Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 01/27/17Signup starts today for February Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 01/20/17Young gardeners receive national honors
- 4:00pm 12/23/16Signup starts today for January Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 12/16/16Many at benefit win arrangements made by garden club members
- 4:00pm 12/02/16Foothills Thrift Shop changes hours; donations, volunteers needed
- 4:00pm 11/04/16Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11