Agencies to let farmers know what help is available
MEXICO — The 4th annual Ag Agency Awareness Day will be held on Wednesday, March 8, from 11 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. in the Mexico VFW, 5930 Scenic Ave.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oswego County in collaboration with Oswego County Soil and Water, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and the United State Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency will again be sponsoring this workshop for agriculture producers.
Production Agriculture, or what we sometimes refer to as traditional agriculture, has come a long way since the days of horse drawn plows and hand labor. Improvements in technology and cutting edge research have allowed farmers to produce more food and fiber products on smaller acreages while still maintaining the tranquility of the rural landscape. With these improvements in production technologies come challenges that farmers need to address that affect the successful management of their farms.
The day is designed for both beginning and experienced farmers who are looking for information on how to improve or expand their agriculture businesses. Federal and NYS programs will be discussed including some cost share programs. The goal is to improve the awareness of agriculture agencies that are available to address the challenges faces by agricultural producers in Oswego County.
There is no cost to attend, but registration for lunch is needed by 4 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 27, by calling CCE of Oswego County at 315-963-7286.
For more information go online to www.thatscooperativeextension.org.
Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
Solid Waste Authority offers tips to ‘green’ your summer
Herb and Flower Festival Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Food $en$e sign-ups today
- 4:00pm 11/10/17Don’t use plastic garbage bags, cardboard boxes for green waste
- 4:00pm 11/07/17Get raking — leaf collection to start Nov. 13 in city
- 4:00pm 10/27/17Gardeners of Rome honor contest winners
- 4:00pm 10/27/17Sign-up for November Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 10/13/17Siblings take top honors in Gardeners of Rome’s Big Pumpkin, Giant Sunflower contest
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Agricultural education topic of banquet Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Madison County Hop Fest Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/08/17Cornell Cooperative Extension offers QuickBooks for Farmers class