Agencies to let farmers know what help is available
MEXICO — The 4th annual Ag Agency Awareness Day will be held on Wednesday, March 8, from 11 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. in the Mexico VFW, 5930 Scenic Ave.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oswego County in collaboration with Oswego County Soil and Water, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and the United State Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency will again be sponsoring this workshop for agriculture producers.
Production Agriculture, or what we sometimes refer to as traditional agriculture, has come a long way since the days of horse drawn plows and hand labor. Improvements in technology and cutting edge research have allowed farmers to produce more food and fiber products on smaller acreages while still maintaining the tranquility of the rural landscape. With these improvements in production technologies come challenges that farmers need to address that affect the successful management of their farms.
The day is designed for both beginning and experienced farmers who are looking for information on how to improve or expand their agriculture businesses. Federal and NYS programs will be discussed including some cost share programs. The goal is to improve the awareness of agriculture agencies that are available to address the challenges faces by agricultural producers in Oswego County.
There is no cost to attend, but registration for lunch is needed by 4 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 27, by calling CCE of Oswego County at 315-963-7286.
For more information go online to www.thatscooperativeextension.org.
Master gardeners list classes
Recycling Day at Jervis May 24
Young gardeners receive national honors
Handmade Holidays workshop Nov. 11
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Hannaford grocery bags aid Foothills during June
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Village of Vernon sales June 2-4
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Foothills Food Pantry seeks help serving 160 families in seven towns
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Brunch Bingo aids Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Food $en$e orders being taken at five sites
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Dining for a Cause ticket deadline May 31
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Master gardeners list classes
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale Saturday; children’s contest slated
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Plant sale in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Farmers’ Market each Tuesday