Twigs to honor doctors Desai, Giustra at annual Tree of Lights Event
On Dec. 3, the Rome Hospital Twigs will hold the annual Tree of Lights Ceremony in the lobby of the Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group will take a moment to remember, honor and celebrate loved ones, family and friends. The celebration will start at 6:30 p.m. in the lobby of the hospital where just prior to the tree lighting, Rome Twigs will honor OB/GYNs Dr. Ankur Desai and Dr. Lauren Giustra physicians for their years of devoted service to Rome Memorial Hospital and the community. At 7 p.m. the honorees will flip the switch to light the Tree of Lights.
For more than 20 years, doctors Desai and Giustra have delivered “exceptional patient-centered care at Rome Memorial Hospital which has been recognized for safety, quality and low c-section rates. As a result the Maternity Department earned the Excellus BlueCross/Blue Shield with the Blue Distinction+ for Maternity Care,” event officials said.
The Tree of Lights has been an annual fundraiser for the volunteer organization since 1989.
“Rome Twigs are grateful to Var-Flex for underwriting the expenses of the Tree of Lights campaign. The sponsorship makes it possible for the dollars from each light purchased to be used by Rome Twigs to buy hospital equipment and support services at Rome Memorial Hospital.”
Last year’s Tree of Lights campaign raised more than $11,500.
A light can be purchased in memory or honor of loved ones for $5 or more (for each name). The purchaser’s and honoree’s names will be displayed on a scroll in the hospital lobby.
The deadline to be included on the scroll is Friday, Nov. 17. Make checks payable to Rome Twigs and mail to Rome Memorial Hospital, attention Tree of Lights, 1500 N. James St., Rome, NY 13440.
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
RMH announces Excellence Award honorees
Ava Dorfman announces summer fitness classes
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Ava Dorfman announces summer fitness classes
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Outdoor Music program starts June 27
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Miracle Drawing can now accept credit cards for raffle, officials say
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
- 4:00pm 06/18/18View offers summer yoga sessions
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Dr. Feeney joins Delta Medical
- 4:00pm 06/18/18MVHS Rome Medical Office adds nurse
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday