Twigs to honor doctors Desai, Giustra at annual Tree of Lights Event
On Dec. 3, the Rome Hospital Twigs will hold the annual Tree of Lights Ceremony in the lobby of the Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group will take a moment to remember, honor and celebrate loved ones, family and friends. The celebration will start at 6:30 p.m. in the lobby of the hospital where just prior to the tree lighting, Rome Twigs will honor OB/GYNs Dr. Ankur Desai and Dr. Lauren Giustra physicians for their years of devoted service to Rome Memorial Hospital and the community. At 7 p.m. the honorees will flip the switch to light the Tree of Lights.
For more than 20 years, doctors Desai and Giustra have delivered “exceptional patient-centered care at Rome Memorial Hospital which has been recognized for safety, quality and low c-section rates. As a result the Maternity Department earned the Excellus BlueCross/Blue Shield with the Blue Distinction+ for Maternity Care,” event officials said.
The Tree of Lights has been an annual fundraiser for the volunteer organization since 1989.
“Rome Twigs are grateful to Var-Flex for underwriting the expenses of the Tree of Lights campaign. The sponsorship makes it possible for the dollars from each light purchased to be used by Rome Twigs to buy hospital equipment and support services at Rome Memorial Hospital.”
Last year’s Tree of Lights campaign raised more than $11,500.
A light can be purchased in memory or honor of loved ones for $5 or more (for each name). The purchaser’s and honoree’s names will be displayed on a scroll in the hospital lobby.
The deadline to be included on the scroll is Friday, Nov. 17. Make checks payable to Rome Twigs and mail to Rome Memorial Hospital, attention Tree of Lights, 1500 N. James St., Rome, NY 13440.
RMH pharmacist earns additional certification
Warden named director of Behavioral Medicine for MWHS
Hurd assigned as stroke outreach nurse
Doctor draws attention to Brain Injury Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 03/19/18RMH pharmacist earns additional certification
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Warden named director of Behavioral Medicine for MWHS
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Hurd assigned as stroke outreach nurse
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Doctor draws attention to Brain Injury Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Blood drive Friday at St. John’s church
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Tickets available for 31st annual Epicurean Delight
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Commonality in shared faith
- 4:00pm 03/17/18‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Fashionable spring topic of luncheon