Thursday forums to detail Utica hospital plans, impacts
Plans for the new downtown Utica hospital will be presented at two meetings this week.
The Mohawk Valley Health System is hosting the sessions on Thursday at 2 and 6 p.m. in the Utica Radisson ballroom, 200 Genesee St. Registration is recommended. People planning on attending can sign up online at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (315) 624-5608.
Robert Scholefield, MVHS executive vice president/chief operating officer, and Kim Way, principal at the project’s architectural firm, NBBJ, will review the site plan for complex and go over additional details about the project.
The plan shows a building site bound by Lafayette Street on the north side, Broadway on the east, Columbia Street on the south and a block of new green space to the west. Part of Lafayette Street would be closed to vehicular traffic.
Following the presentation, attendees will be invited to visit informational kiosks hosted by members of the architectural firm, MVHS and O’Brien & Gere, the company that is responsible for the State Environmental Quality Review process.
Kiosk topics are health care improvements, patient and visitor experience, design qualities and character, neighborhood connectivity, and the SEQR process.
Heart Run & Walk March 3
Regional Center for Wound Care shares tips on how to live a heart healthy life
Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Australian pop group on stage March 1
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks star in ‘Best Picture’ contender ‘The Post’
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Classical trio performs Friday
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Silk marbling class March 3
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Art center hosts ‘Mélange’ exhibit reception Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville