Take action to protect your health
Published Sep 24, 2018 at 4:00pm
- Come to the next free diabetes education class at Rome Memorial Hospital on Monday, Oct. 1, 1 p.m. Participants meet in the hospital lobby. Patient and Staff Educator Mary Rose Spellicy, RN teaches how to take charge of your diabetes with exercise, healthy eating, medication, measuring blood sugar, and protecting your feet and eyes. Call the hospital’s Education Department at 315-338-7143 for more information.
- Take advantage of Rome Memorial Hospital’s free blood pressure screenings Sept. 27 and Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the hospital’s Retail Pharmacy. The pharmacy is conveniently located on the ground floor just inside the Bartlett Wing entrance, off East Oak Street.
- Join Rome Memorial Hospital’s free smoking cessation course by calling the Education Department at 315-338-7143 by Oct. 1. The three-week series runs Wednesday Oct. 3, 10 and 17 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in the hospital’s classroom. The program is free and those completing all three classes will be rewarded with a $20 grocery gift card. On the net: www.nysmokefree.com, www.smokefree.gov.
Surgical specialists, sleep medicine practices moving
Health Rome Medical Practice’s Rome Surgical Specialists, and Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine practices are both relocating to 1614 N. James St. The new office is located adjacent to Rome Memorial Hospital. General Surgeon Pedro Del Pino, of Rome Surgical Specialists; Pulmonologist Dr. Mohammed Seedat; and Family Nurse Practitioner Katherine M. Freeman, of Rome Pulmonary and Sleep... 4:00pm 10/15/18
Pain free following surgery, patient expresses his appreciation for neurosurgeon
Health Pain free following surgery, patient expresses his appreciation for Neurosurgeon Nicholas Qandah, DO, and Rome Memorial Hospital The addition of neurosurgical services at Rome Memorial Hospital means patients like Rosario Sorce, of Marcy, have a new option for scheduling surgical procedures which may reduce their wait time and relieve their pain sooner. Board certified... 4:00pm 10/01/18
Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
“The Eleven O’Clock” by Josh Lawson is among six one-act plays to be presented by Rome Community Theater, Oct. 19-21, according to an announcement by theater officials. Transcribed from the 2018 Oscar-nominated “Best Live-Action Short Film,” it depicts what happens when a psychiatrist encounters a new patient who thinks he’s a psychiatrist, the RCT announcement said. “Clever,... 4:00pm 10/15/18
Consequences for our choices
Luke 10:42 “But one thing is needful; and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” God permits us to make our choices but He never permits us to control our consequences. The story of Mary and Martha is about service “within the walls” of the church. It also indicates how service and sacrifice can be spoiled by selfishness as shown by Martha,... 4:00pm 10/13/18
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Surgical specialists, sleep medicine practices moving
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Free breastfeeding class Oct. 17 at RMH
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Brain ‘functions’ and ‘dysfunctions’ topic of lecture
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Health conference features Operation Iraqi Freedom II vet
- 4:00pm 10/15/18RMH Pulmonary Rehabilitation Support Group meets Oct. 24
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Octoberfeast in Holland Patent