Take action to protect your health
Published Sep 24, 2018 at 4:00pm
- Come to the next free diabetes education class at Rome Memorial Hospital on Monday, Oct. 1, 1 p.m. Participants meet in the hospital lobby. Patient and Staff Educator Mary Rose Spellicy, RN teaches how to take charge of your diabetes with exercise, healthy eating, medication, measuring blood sugar, and protecting your feet and eyes. Call the hospital’s Education Department at 315-338-7143 for more information.
- Take advantage of Rome Memorial Hospital’s free blood pressure screenings Sept. 27 and Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the hospital’s Retail Pharmacy. The pharmacy is conveniently located on the ground floor just inside the Bartlett Wing entrance, off East Oak Street.
- Join Rome Memorial Hospital’s free smoking cessation course by calling the Education Department at 315-338-7143 by Oct. 1. The three-week series runs Wednesday Oct. 3, 10 and 17 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in the hospital’s classroom. The program is free and those completing all three classes will be rewarded with a $20 grocery gift card. On the net: www.nysmokefree.com, www.smokefree.gov.
View is offering a complimentary yoga session
Health OLD FORGE – The arts center View is now offering a complimentary yoga session for new attendees. One initial session is available at no cost. The new winter yoga schedule started on Dec. 1. Classes meet Mondays and Fridays at 8:30 a.m. and Mondays and Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. “Yoga has been shown to increase muscle strength, maintain bone integrity, and improve balance,... 4:00pm 12/03/18
Upstate Family Health Center adds to team
Health UTICA — Upstate Family Health Center in Utica is welcoming new personnel to its team of healthcare providers. Ellen Stevens R.N., who brings more than 12 years experience to her new position as Primary Care Clinical Manager. She will oversee the clinical functions and staff for both the Utica and Rome locations. Stevens obtained her nursing degree at Rose State College,... 4:00pm 11/19/18
Grace Union offers choir event Sunday
Grace Union AME Church, 606 Woodland Ave., will host their choir’s annual music program on Sunday, Dec. 9, at 3:30 p.m. The event features performances by area Rome and Utica church coirs and soloists. Choir director is Sandra Vaughn. The public is invited to attend. 4:00pm 12/08/18
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
For the 15th consecutive year Rome’s Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will host the annual Tuba Christmas concert. This year’s event is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, event organizers have announced. As in past years tuba, euphonium, baritone and sousaphone players from throughout the region will perform Christmas music on the Capitol stage. In addition, the New York... 4:00pm 12/08/18
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Grace Union offers choir event Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Apartment project for seniors receives $10.8M loan
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Arc offers free concert Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas concert at St. Joseph’s Friday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas pageant in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Advent Lessons and Carols Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Healing service in Westmoreland