Rome hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility earns five-star rating
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility has earned the highest five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Nursing Home Compare.
Twenty-nine percent of skilled nursing facilities nationally receive an overall rating of five stars, which takes into consideration performance on health inspections, staffing levels and quality of resident care measures.
The Rome site, an 80-bed skilled nursing facility located on the hospital’s third floor, provides long-term care, as well as short-term rehabilitation and respite care programs.
The facility has also been recognized as a top performing nursing home by the state Department of Health. It is the only facility in Oneida County to be ranked among the top 20 percent of nursing homes statewide through the Nursing Home Quality Initiative for four consecutive years.
The Initiative is an annual quality and performance evaluation project to improve the quality of care for residents in Medicaid-certified nursing facilities across New York State.
“Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional care with compassion,” said Administrator Wendy Goetz. “Everyone from nurses, housekeepers, activities specialists, and administration play a part in achieving excellence and making this a special place for our residents.”
According to Goetz, the facility’s resident-centered care philosophy is one important factor in creating a high quality residential health care environment. Rather than being treated as a group, residents are individually supported in achieving their optimal level of physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
“At the RHCF, our resident-centered care philosophy plays a major part in our facility’s success,” Goetz said. “Through Person Centered Care, we have created a nurturing culture that empowers residents, promotes purpose and meaning, and supports well-being for individuals in a relationship based, home environment.”
For more information about the Residential Health Care Facility at Rome Memorial Hospital, call 315-338-7305.
Oneida Healthcare receives Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation
MVHS Nursing Leadership team honored
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter