RMH offers free prostate cancer screening for men
Prostate cancer can often be detected early in men with a simple blood test that measures the amount of Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) in the blood.
Rome Memorial Hospital is offering free PSA screening for men age 50 and older, Monday through Friday, Sept. 24-28. Blood for the test may be drawn at any of the Rome Memorial Hospital affiliated laboratories:
- Rome Memorial Hospital 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rome Medical Group 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Chestnut Commons 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Boonville Family Care 8 a.m. to noon
- Camden Family Care 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
“Prostate cancer is the most common cancer occurring in men over 50 years of age,” said Dr. Michael Fallon, board certified radiation oncologist at Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine. “As with all cancer, early detection can lead to improved outcomes.”
“In conjunction with a digital rectal exam, a simple blood test - the Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) - is an important component in the assessment of and treatment for prostate cancer,” Dr. Fallon continued. “If you are interested in learning more about prostate cancer and the role of PSA testing in the screening for and management of prostate cancer, please contact your primary care physician or Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine for additional information.”
“Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine is committed to providing exceptional care to cancer patients in Rome and the surrounding rural areas,” said Director Amy Weakley, RT(T), CMD, BS. “We are pleased to offer our community access to a variety of cancer screenings because early detection provides patients with the greatest treatment options and can save lives.”
“Under the direction of Dr. Fallon, our staff provides comprehensive and compassionate radiation therapy services. Since daily treatments often last eight to nine weeks, our patients appreciate the convenience of receiving their radiation therapy close to home,” Weakley said.
For more information about the free PSA screening, call Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine at 315-338-0897.
View is offering a complimentary yoga session
Upstate Family Health Center adds to team
Grace Union offers choir event Sunday
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Grace Union offers choir event Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Apartment project for seniors receives $10.8M loan
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Arc offers free concert Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas concert at St. Joseph’s Friday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas pageant in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Advent Lessons and Carols Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Healing service in Westmoreland