RMH offers Baby Care Basics class Wednesday
Parents-to-be can learn about childbirth, newborns and other related topics by attending the upcoming “Baby Care Basics” program, 7-9 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 6, at Rome Memorial Hospital in the classroom.
The free educational program will be taught by Sandy Graichen, a maternity nurse at the hospital, with many years of experience in labor and delivery. She has experience teaching childbirth classes, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and has children of her own.
“Families who are expecting an addition to their family need the information presented in this class, regardless of whether or not they have had a baby before, have taken Lamaze or have discussed baby care with their physician,” said Graichen. “You can never have too much information about what is best for your baby.”
Questions that will be answered by “Baby Care Basics” include:
- Which is best: breastfeeding or bottle feeding your baby?
- What are the solutions to some of the breastfeeding problems?
- What should you expect from your baby?
- Should your baby boy be circumcised?
- What is the Women’s Infant and Children program?
- When should your baby be immunized?
- What do you look for in choosing a doctor for your baby?
- How does your growing family adjust?
- How do you handle typical baby problems (diaper rash, colic, etc.)?
No advance registration is required for the free program. Refreshments will be served.
There will be signs to direct you to the classroom.
For more information, call 315-338-7143.
Surgeon performs same-day total knee replacement at Apex
Surgeon joins surgical group
‘Stroll Through the Center’ Christmas music event at RACC
Critically acclaimed ‘Lady Bird’ at Cinema Capitol starting Friday
- 4:00pm 12/14/17‘Stroll Through the Center’ Christmas music event at RACC
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Critically acclaimed ‘Lady Bird’ at Cinema Capitol starting Friday
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Theater’s holiday tradition continues with ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Out After Midnite offers Norwegian drama
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Cinema screens drama ‘Let There Be Light’
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/14/17America concert tickets on sale now
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Breakfast with Santa Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Irish music in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society