RMH offers Baby Care Basics class Wednesday
Parents-to-be can learn about childbirth, newborns and other related topics by attending the upcoming “Baby Care Basics” program, 7-9 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 6, at Rome Memorial Hospital in the classroom.
The free educational program will be taught by Sandy Graichen, a maternity nurse at the hospital, with many years of experience in labor and delivery. She has experience teaching childbirth classes, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and has children of her own.
“Families who are expecting an addition to their family need the information presented in this class, regardless of whether or not they have had a baby before, have taken Lamaze or have discussed baby care with their physician,” said Graichen. “You can never have too much information about what is best for your baby.”
Questions that will be answered by “Baby Care Basics” include:
- Which is best: breastfeeding or bottle feeding your baby?
- What are the solutions to some of the breastfeeding problems?
- What should you expect from your baby?
- Should your baby boy be circumcised?
- What is the Women’s Infant and Children program?
- When should your baby be immunized?
- What do you look for in choosing a doctor for your baby?
- How does your growing family adjust?
- How do you handle typical baby problems (diaper rash, colic, etc.)?
No advance registration is required for the free program. Refreshments will be served.
There will be signs to direct you to the classroom.
For more information, call 315-338-7143.
Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
Physical therapy professor honored
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18New York Mills school reunion slated for Aug. 4
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Sign-up for wine trail trip
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Dorfman to host fundraiser dinner
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Ladies breakfast club meets July 27
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Physical therapy professor honored
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Improved care coordination services available for those with disabilities