CLINICIANS OF THE YEAR — Rome Memorial Hospital’s Clinical Services Professional Excellence Committee presented the 2018 Excellence Awards as part of its’ National Nurses’ Week celebration. Seated from left, Andrea Hamilton-Larry, RN; Mary Reader, RN; Jodi Wallace, RN; and Teresa Troia, RN. Standing, from left, Laura Bambury, LPN; Cori Bewick, RN; Sarah Fleck, RN; Heather Gulick, RRT; Ryan Vencek, RN; Laura Lonergan, R.Ph, BCGP; Jan Bass; and John VanderPyl, RN. (Photo submitted)
RMH announces Excellence Award honorees
In recognition of National Nurses’ Week and members of Rome Memorial Hospital’s Clinical Services division, Rome Memorial Hospital’s Clinical Services Professional Excellence Committee presented the 2018 Excellence Awards to 14 individuals who exemplify excellence and commitment to the health and wellness of the community.
The committee asked nurses and clinicians from departments throughout the hospital to nominate their peers for these prestigious awards. A Nurse of the Year was selected for each nursing department. From among this group, a Nurse of Excellence was named. In addition, other departments named their clinicians of the year. These dedicated professionals are honored for their caring attitude toward patients, superior clinical skills, and critical thinking ability.
“Most of us have been together as the Clinical Services team for a few years now,” said Vice President of Clinical Services Durinda Durr, “and as such, we agreed to celebrate as a team during Nurses Week because we are joined together to help one another live up to our vision to be ‘exceptional people delivering exceptional care.’”
“The National Nurses’ Week theme, ‘Nursing: the Balance of Mind, Body, and Spirit’ has application across all professions in our hospital,” Durr added.
The 2018 award winners are:
- Jodi Wallace, Emergency Department, Emergency Services Nurse of the Year and Nurse of Excellence
- Teresa Troia, Continuum of Care, Non-Clinical Nurse of the Year
- Andrea Hamilton-Larry, 2 East, Medical Surgical Nurse of the Year
- Ryan Vencek, 2 East, Nightingale Nurse Award
- Mary Reader, Senior Behavioral Health Unit, Behavioral Health Services Nurse of the Year
- Audrey Wood, Intensive Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit Nurse of the Year
- John VanderPyl, Residential Health Care Facility, Long Term Care Nurse of the Year
- Laura Bambury, Residential Health Care Facility, Long Term Care Licensed Practical Nurse of the Year
- Heather Gulick, Respiratory Therapy, Cardiopulmonary Services Clinician of the Year
- Laura Lonergan, BCGP, Pharmacy, Pharmacist of the Year
- Cori Bewick, 2 North, Critical Care Services Nurse of the Year
- Shannon Scott, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Peri-Operative Services Nurse of the Year
- Sarah Fleck, Maternity, Maternal Child Care Nurse of the Year
- Jan Bass, Continuum of Care, Social Worker/Case Manager of the Year
“Winning one of these awards is a great honor because you are chosen by your peers,” said Sandra Widieger, chairman of the Clinical Services Professional Excellence Committee. “Choosing the nurse of excellence is an incredibly difficult task because in each case, you are looking at the best of the best from an exceptional nursing staff.”
Celebrated annually from May 6-12, National Nurses’ Week focuses attention on the value of nursing and helps educate the public about the role nurses play in meeting their community’s health care needs.
Each of the honorees was presented with a personalized keepsake, as well as a certificate of excellence.
“The nursing and clinical services professions offer diverse opportunities across many healthcare specialties and settings,” Durr added. “The clinical services staff at Rome Memorial Hospital is a dedicated group, continually displaying a unified passion for the profession and a strong commitment to the people of our community.”
RMH recognized nationally for promoting organ, eye and tissue donation
Rome Medical Practice announces new administrative clinical manager
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Sesame Street visits NYS fair
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Registration open for Rising Stars at Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Cinema shows horror film set in 1984 suburbia