MORE APPOINTMENT OPTIONS — Mammography technologists Michele L. Charbonneau, left, and Michele L. Rossi are part of the team offering an expanded schedule of appointments at Rome Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Imaging Center, due in part to the addition of a second 3-D mammography unit. (Photo submitted)
RMH adds additional 3-D mammography machine, expands appointments
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Imaging Center has added a second 3-D mammography machine and expanded appointment hours to offer more options than ever for women to have routine breast screenings or image guided breast biopsies.
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Imaging Center is an American College of Radiology (ACR) designated Breast Center of Excellence.
The Women’s Imaging Center offers a variety of mammography appointment hours:
- Everyday appointments 7:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Extended hours as early as 6:30 a.m. or as late as 7 p.m. during the week
- Frequent Saturday availability from 7:15 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For availability of extended weekday and weekend appointments, call the Centralized Scheduling Office at 315-338-7338.
Images produced by 3-D mammography have been proven better at locating breast cancers while they are still small and more easily treatable, 3-D images allow radiologists to better pinpoint the size, shape and location of breast abnormalities for women of all ages and breast densities, the hospital noted.
Rome Memorial Hospital can perform needle biopsies guided by the clarity of 3-D mammography images.
The equipment used at the Center is the lowest dose system available and does not require any more breast compression than a traditional exam.
The Center at Rome Memorial received designation as an ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by earning accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy) and breast MRI.
Being named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence acknowledges the Women’s Imaging Center’s high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs, the hospital noted.
For more information about 3-D mammography, call The Center at 315-338-7027.
Surgeon performs same-day total knee replacement at Apex
Surgeon joins surgical group
Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
Ornament workshop at View Monday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Ornament workshop at View Monday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Toddler and Me art class Friday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Holiday Hoot event at Utica Zoo Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Chenango club to conduct Christmas Bird Count
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Religion in U.S., along canal topic of lecture Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Family Game Night, Tech Help offered at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Local comedian releases DVD of Capitol Theatre show
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Senior center hosts potluck dinner