MORE APPOINTMENT OPTIONS — Mammography technologists Michele L. Charbonneau, left, and Michele L. Rossi are part of the team offering an expanded schedule of appointments at Rome Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Imaging Center, due in part to the addition of a second 3-D mammography unit. (Photo submitted)
RMH adds additional 3-D mammography machine, expands appointments
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Imaging Center has added a second 3-D mammography machine and expanded appointment hours to offer more options than ever for women to have routine breast screenings or image guided breast biopsies.
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Imaging Center is an American College of Radiology (ACR) designated Breast Center of Excellence.
The Women’s Imaging Center offers a variety of mammography appointment hours:
- Everyday appointments 7:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Extended hours as early as 6:30 a.m. or as late as 7 p.m. during the week
- Frequent Saturday availability from 7:15 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For availability of extended weekday and weekend appointments, call the Centralized Scheduling Office at 315-338-7338.
Images produced by 3-D mammography have been proven better at locating breast cancers while they are still small and more easily treatable, 3-D images allow radiologists to better pinpoint the size, shape and location of breast abnormalities for women of all ages and breast densities, the hospital noted.
Rome Memorial Hospital can perform needle biopsies guided by the clarity of 3-D mammography images.
The equipment used at the Center is the lowest dose system available and does not require any more breast compression than a traditional exam.
The Center at Rome Memorial received designation as an ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by earning accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy) and breast MRI.
Being named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence acknowledges the Women’s Imaging Center’s high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs, the hospital noted.
For more information about 3-D mammography, call The Center at 315-338-7027.
Heart Run & Walk March 3
Regional Center for Wound Care shares tips on how to live a heart healthy life
Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Australian pop group on stage March 1
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks star in ‘Best Picture’ contender ‘The Post’
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Classical trio performs Friday
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Silk marbling class March 3
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Art center hosts ‘Mélange’ exhibit reception Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville