Red Cross seeks blood donors at upcoming drives
During Red Cross Month in March, the American Red Cross encourages eligible donors to join in its lifesaving mission by giving blood.
Since 1943, every U.S. president has designated March as Red Cross Month to recognize how the Red Cross helps people across the country and around the world. Red Cross Month is a celebration of supporters, who are the face of the Red Cross in their communities and bring hope to people facing emergencies.
The Red Cross depends on blood donor heroes across the nation to collect enough blood to meet the needs of patients at approximately 2,600 hospitals nationwide. Donors of all blood types, especially type O, are needed to help those rely on blood products.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
Utica Blood Donation Center
• 4685 Commercial Drive, New Hartford:
Monday and Wednesday: 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Thursday through Sunday: 7:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• March 1: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Adirondack Central School, 8181 Route 294.
• March 5: 1-6 p.m., Camden Methodist Church, 132 Main St.
• March 10: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Clinton United Methodist Church, 105 Utica Road
• March 7: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oriskany High School, 1312 Utica St.
• March 3: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Victory of Rome, 5827 Rome-Taberg Road.
• March 8: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., James A Green High School, 38 Slawson Street Extention
• March 12: 1:30-6:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 127 Prospect St.
• March 7: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Town of Webb High School, 3022 Main St.
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
Spine specialist featured during Health Night program at MVCC
AREA CHURCH SERVICES
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Diabetes lifestyle changes program Wednesday in Utica
- 4:00pm 09/17/18RMH offers free prostate cancer screening for men
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Hamilton hospital sets flu shot clinic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome