Red Cross seeks blood donors at upcoming drives
During Red Cross Month in March, the American Red Cross encourages eligible donors to join in its lifesaving mission by giving blood.
Since 1943, every U.S. president has designated March as Red Cross Month to recognize how the Red Cross helps people across the country and around the world. Red Cross Month is a celebration of supporters, who are the face of the Red Cross in their communities and bring hope to people facing emergencies.
The Red Cross depends on blood donor heroes across the nation to collect enough blood to meet the needs of patients at approximately 2,600 hospitals nationwide. Donors of all blood types, especially type O, are needed to help those rely on blood products.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
Utica Blood Donation Center
• 4685 Commercial Drive, New Hartford:
Monday and Wednesday: 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Thursday through Sunday: 7:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• March 1: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Adirondack Central School, 8181 Route 294.
• March 5: 1-6 p.m., Camden Methodist Church, 132 Main St.
• March 10: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Clinton United Methodist Church, 105 Utica Road
• March 7: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oriskany High School, 1312 Utica St.
• March 3: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Victory of Rome, 5827 Rome-Taberg Road.
• March 8: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., James A Green High School, 38 Slawson Street Extention
• March 12: 1:30-6:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 127 Prospect St.
• March 7: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Town of Webb High School, 3022 Main St.
RMH pharmacist earns additional certification
Warden named director of Behavioral Medicine for MWHS
Hurd assigned as stroke outreach nurse
Doctor draws attention to Brain Injury Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 03/19/18RMH pharmacist earns additional certification
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Warden named director of Behavioral Medicine for MWHS
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Hurd assigned as stroke outreach nurse
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Doctor draws attention to Brain Injury Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Blood drive Friday at St. John’s church
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Tickets available for 31st annual Epicurean Delight
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Commonality in shared faith
- 4:00pm 03/17/18‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Fashionable spring topic of luncheon