Red Cross seeks blood donors at upcoming drives
During Red Cross Month in March, the American Red Cross encourages eligible donors to join in its lifesaving mission by giving blood.
Since 1943, every U.S. president has designated March as Red Cross Month to recognize how the Red Cross helps people across the country and around the world. Red Cross Month is a celebration of supporters, who are the face of the Red Cross in their communities and bring hope to people facing emergencies.
The Red Cross depends on blood donor heroes across the nation to collect enough blood to meet the needs of patients at approximately 2,600 hospitals nationwide. Donors of all blood types, especially type O, are needed to help those rely on blood products.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
Utica Blood Donation Center
• 4685 Commercial Drive, New Hartford:
Monday and Wednesday: 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Thursday through Sunday: 7:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• March 1: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Adirondack Central School, 8181 Route 294.
• March 5: 1-6 p.m., Camden Methodist Church, 132 Main St.
• March 10: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Clinton United Methodist Church, 105 Utica Road
• March 7: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oriskany High School, 1312 Utica St.
• March 3: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Victory of Rome, 5827 Rome-Taberg Road.
• March 8: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., James A Green High School, 38 Slawson Street Extention
• March 12: 1:30-6:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 127 Prospect St.
• March 7: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Town of Webb High School, 3022 Main St.
Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Root Farm begins second year of Community Supported Agriculture
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band