Nursing scholarship available
Applications are now being accepted from state registered and licensed practical nurses for the 2018 Edna A. Lauterbach Scholarship.
Nurses looking to pursue a career in home and community-based care are urged to apply for scholarships of up to $5,900 that can be used to pursue an entrepreneurial dream in home and community-based care, or for tuition, books, specialty training and education, and other educational-related expenses.
The deadline for scholarship applications is June 1. Scholarship winners will be publicly announced at HCP’s Annual Management Conference & Exhibition in October. Interested New York nurses, licensed practical nurses can learn more and apply at www.ednascholarship.org, or contact Marissa Crary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-463-1118, ext. 824.
“This scholarship fund provides critical financial support for nurses looking to maximize opportunities in the home care industry,” said Claudia J. Hammar, president of the state Association of Health Care Providers, Inc.
The Edna A. Lauterbach Scholarship fund was established in memory of the late Edna Lauterbach, a nurse and pioneer in the home care industry who believed that skilled nurses are essential to home care. The fund is sponsored by Community Health Services Foundation, Inc. (CHC), an affiliate of the state Association of Health Care Providers, Inc.
“The demand for skilled home care nurses is growing rapidly due to New York State’s aging population and consumers who prefer to receive care at home,” said Hammar. “This scholarship helps meet this need by providing assistance to nurses who might not otherwise be able to pursue an entrepreneurial dream related to home and community-based care, or continue their education to pursue a career in home and community-based care.”
Regional Center for Wound Care earns national honors
Rome hospital honors employees’ care, commitment
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Saranac Thursdays kick off with Rome band performing
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Medicare and Medicaid workshop tonight in Utica
- 4:00pm 05/22/18RCIL hosts dinner to benefit senior program
- 4:00pm 05/22/18View offers Healing with Nature Workshop Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House