Nursing scholarship available
Applications are now being accepted from state registered and licensed practical nurses for the 2018 Edna A. Lauterbach Scholarship.
Nurses looking to pursue a career in home and community-based care are urged to apply for scholarships of up to $5,900 that can be used to pursue an entrepreneurial dream in home and community-based care, or for tuition, books, specialty training and education, and other educational-related expenses.
The deadline for scholarship applications is June 1. Scholarship winners will be publicly announced at HCP’s Annual Management Conference & Exhibition in October. Interested New York nurses, licensed practical nurses can learn more and apply at www.ednascholarship.org, or contact Marissa Crary at email@example.com or 518-463-1118, ext. 824.
“This scholarship fund provides critical financial support for nurses looking to maximize opportunities in the home care industry,” said Claudia J. Hammar, president of the state Association of Health Care Providers, Inc.
The Edna A. Lauterbach Scholarship fund was established in memory of the late Edna Lauterbach, a nurse and pioneer in the home care industry who believed that skilled nurses are essential to home care. The fund is sponsored by Community Health Services Foundation, Inc. (CHC), an affiliate of the state Association of Health Care Providers, Inc.
“The demand for skilled home care nurses is growing rapidly due to New York State’s aging population and consumers who prefer to receive care at home,” said Hammar. “This scholarship helps meet this need by providing assistance to nurses who might not otherwise be able to pursue an entrepreneurial dream related to home and community-based care, or continue their education to pursue a career in home and community-based care.”
RMH recognized nationally for promoting organ, eye and tissue donation
Rome Medical Practice announces new administrative clinical manager
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Sesame Street visits NYS fair