November Give it a Whirl workshops announced
A support group will be held Mondays during the month of November for anyone coping with health and wellness challenges. The gathering is offered through the collaboration of the Center for Family Life and Recovery and Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine.
“Give it a Whirl” for Wellness is a creative way to socialize, help and be helped by others with similar conditions or circumstances. The drop-in group is an opportunity for people learning to cope with health and wellness challenges, whether it is quitting smoking for good, overcoming illness or treatments, or facing life changes, to meet with others in similar situations.
The free meetings, centered around a creative activity led by the Center for Family Life and Recovery, are held Mondays at Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine, 107 E. Chestnut St.:
- Today, Nov. 5, 6-7 p.m.: Giving Thanks – compile a lasting document that highlights those things for which you’re most grateful
- Nov 12, 1-2 p.m.: Thanksgiving Plaques – create a beautiful wall hanging for your home or a gift to celebrate giving thanks
- Nov. 19, 6-7 p.m.: Thanksgiving Social – join us as we gather to share our thanks just as they did at the first Thanksgiving
- Nov. 26, 1-2 p.m.: Coffee and Conversation – share your memories and ideas
The public is encouraged to attend any or all of the gatherings. No registration is necessary. There is easy access and plenty of parking on the east side of the building. Benefits from participating in groups that offer support and a creative outlet may include:
- Feeling less lonely or judged
- Improving coping skills
- Reducing stress or anxiety
- Learning from others with similar experiences
- Gaining a sense of control
- Learning new ways to improve your health and wellness
For more information, please call Mark Lais, Recovery Peer Advocate, Center for Family Life and Recovery at 315-768-2656.
The Center for Family Life and Recovery provides health and hope for individuals and families through advocacy, prevention, counseling and training.
Nonsurgical treatment for chronic back pain available at RMH
Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy welcomes spine specialist
View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Clinton Historical Society open house Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Unity Hall hosts The Merry Pranksters Friday
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Sign-up for Vermont trip
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Gallery hosts ‘Doubly Mad’ reading Friday
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true