BEST PRACTICES — The Nursing Leadership team from Mohawk Valley Health Services stand with their New York Organization of Nursing Executives and Leaders Claire Murray Best Practices Award winning abstract at the business meetings in Tarrytown, NY. From left: Sally Davidson, Lissette Grimaldi, Ida Simard and Mary Beth Dowling. Photo submitted
MVHS Nursing Leadership team honored
Members of the Mohawk Valley Health System Nursing Leadership team received the New York Organization of Nursing Executives and Leaders Claire Murray Best Practices Award for their abstract at the organization’s business meetings on March 18 in Tarrytown.
The abstract was titled “Mohawk Valley Health System: Implementing the ABCDEF Bundle in ICU: Enacting Meaningful Change.”
Critically ill or injured patients are often the most challenging to manage due to the complex nature of their illness or injury, the team noted. The use of a bundle approach to providing evidence-based care has been shown to decrease unintended consequences that can occur with hospitalization and improve quality and patient outcomes.
“We were very proud to be selected as this was and continues to be a team effort,” said Lissette Grimaldi, assistant vice president of Cardiac and Critical Care Nursing Services at MVHS. “This achievement could not be accomplished without a multidisciplinary approach to the care we provide in the critical care units.”
The Program Committee received more than 35 submissions, and the MVHS abstract was one of six selected for the regional award.
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
Spine specialist featured during Health Night program at MVCC
4-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming