BEST PRACTICES — The Nursing Leadership team from Mohawk Valley Health Services stand with their New York Organization of Nursing Executives and Leaders Claire Murray Best Practices Award winning abstract at the business meetings in Tarrytown, NY. From left: Sally Davidson, Lissette Grimaldi, Ida Simard and Mary Beth Dowling. Photo submitted
MVHS Nursing Leadership team honored
Members of the Mohawk Valley Health System Nursing Leadership team received the New York Organization of Nursing Executives and Leaders Claire Murray Best Practices Award for their abstract at the organization’s business meetings on March 18 in Tarrytown.
The abstract was titled “Mohawk Valley Health System: Implementing the ABCDEF Bundle in ICU: Enacting Meaningful Change.”
Critically ill or injured patients are often the most challenging to manage due to the complex nature of their illness or injury, the team noted. The use of a bundle approach to providing evidence-based care has been shown to decrease unintended consequences that can occur with hospitalization and improve quality and patient outcomes.
“We were very proud to be selected as this was and continues to be a team effort,” said Lissette Grimaldi, assistant vice president of Cardiac and Critical Care Nursing Services at MVHS. “This achievement could not be accomplished without a multidisciplinary approach to the care we provide in the critical care units.”
The Program Committee received more than 35 submissions, and the MVHS abstract was one of six selected for the regional award.
Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
Physical therapy professor honored
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18New York Mills school reunion slated for Aug. 4
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Sign-up for wine trail trip
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Dorfman to host fundraiser dinner
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Ladies breakfast club meets July 27
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Physical therapy professor honored
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Improved care coordination services available for those with disabilities