MVHS names medical director for robotic surgery
Dr. Jonathan Blancaflor, a specialist in general, colorectal and thoracic surgery, has joined the MVHS Advanced Endoscopy and Surgical Group at the St. Luke’s campus, Physicians Office Building, 1658 Sunset Ave., Utica.
He has admitting privileges at Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare and St. Elizabeth Medical Center and has been named medical director for robotic surgery at Mohawk Valley Health System.
Blancaflor was previously in general surgical practice for 25 years at Shoreline Surgical Associates, P.C., in Connecticut. His particular interests include minimally invasive procedures and robotic surgery.
He received his medical degree from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Conn. He completed a residency in general surgery and served as chief resident in general surgery at Yale University/Hospital of Saint Raphael in New Haven, Conn., and a residency in general surgery at the University of Connecticut Surgical Residency at New Britain General Hospital in New Britain, Conn.
Blancaflor is board certified in general surgery by the American Board of General Surgery. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons.
Blancaflor is accepting new patients.
Reusable bag program at Hannaford aids MVHS
Heart Run & Walk March 3
Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Joseph Daley Tuba Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Legion hosts St. Patrick’s Day event
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Pre-Easter fun day March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bunny Cares event Sunday