Mohawk Valley Health System consolidating outpatient imaging
The Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) is consolidating outpatient imaging services and centralizing them at other locations within the system.
“The change supports improved delivery of care for the patients and improved efficiency for the care team,” the health care provider stated. MVHS is relocating the Outpatient Medical Imaging Services at its Medical Arts building on Middle Settlement Road in New Hartford. The changes will occur during March and April. The Medical Arts location provides outpatient mammography, ultrasound, X-ray, computed tomography (CT) and bone density services. The mammography and breast ultrasound services will be consolidated to the Imaging Center of Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare.
“The ability to consolidate all of our mammography and breast ultrasound services to one location has a tremendous benefit for our patients,” said Shannon M. Mathewson, vice president of operations. “The facility has the technology, care team and design to support the needs of this patient population. In the coming weeks we will be working with our patients to reschedule their appointments and provide more information specific to their needs.”
Other services that include CT, general and vascular ultrasound will be consolidated to the St. Elizabeth campus. General X-ray and bone density will be consolidated to the Faxton campus.
There are 14 employees at the Medical Arts site who will be affected by the change.
“We will be working with the employees to discuss the processes available to them going forward,” said Mathewson. “Throughout these transitions we make every effort to support our employees impacted by the changes and work with them to secure positions within the organization whenever possible.”
Regional Center for Wound Care earns national honors
Rome hospital honors employees’ care, commitment
Westernville Presbyterian celebrates bicentennial
Cinema screens animated movie with all-star cast
- 4:10pm 05/26/18Westernville Presbyterian celebrates bicentennial
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Event celebrates local Jewish community
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Saturday service
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Memorial service in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Foothills ministry announces June hours
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sign-up for June Food $en$e today
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Junior Dairy Leaders graduation slated
- 4:00pm 05/25/18DEC reminds campers to use local firewood
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Cinema screens animated movie with all-star cast
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Pianist Laussade performs in Lee Center Tuesday