Medicare seminar Friday at Jervis Public Library
Jervis Public Library, 613 N. Washington St., will present Alden “Max” Smith, independent insurance agent, who will offer a free seminar on understanding Medicare at 10 a.m. Friday, May 25 in the library’s wheelchair-accessible auditorium.
Smith will help participants understand the basics of Medicare, including when to enroll, the available coverage options and what to do if a covered individual’s health care needs change. He will also share tools and resources to help participants understand what Medicare coverage might be right for them, including a free educational guide. Smith is a life-long resident of central New York. He is the past mayor of the City of Oneida where he served two terms ending in 2015. He was a long-time member of the Madison Oneida Chapter of the American Red Cross and served as Chapter Chairman, and was a member of the Citizen Advisory Committee of the Madison County Office for the Aging. He has been a licensed health insurance agent for six years, and is currently an independent agent working with United HealthCare.
Registration is not required for the free seminar.
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
Spine specialist featured during Health Night program at MVCC
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29