Medicare seminar Friday at Jervis Public Library
Jervis Public Library, 613 N. Washington St., will present Alden “Max” Smith, independent insurance agent, who will offer a free seminar on understanding Medicare at 10 a.m. Friday, May 25 in the library’s wheelchair-accessible auditorium.
Smith will help participants understand the basics of Medicare, including when to enroll, the available coverage options and what to do if a covered individual’s health care needs change. He will also share tools and resources to help participants understand what Medicare coverage might be right for them, including a free educational guide. Smith is a life-long resident of central New York. He is the past mayor of the City of Oneida where he served two terms ending in 2015. He was a long-time member of the Madison Oneida Chapter of the American Red Cross and served as Chapter Chairman, and was a member of the Citizen Advisory Committee of the Madison County Office for the Aging. He has been a licensed health insurance agent for six years, and is currently an independent agent working with United HealthCare.
Registration is not required for the free seminar.
Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Root Farm begins second year of Community Supported Agriculture
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band