Hurd assigned as stroke outreach nurse
Registered nurse Jennifer Hurd has been named stroke outreach nurse for the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS).
In this position, Hurd is responsible for ongoing needs assessment and planning, development and implementation of community education outreach initiatives designed to increase knowledge in the community about the causes, signs and symptoms and risk factors for stroke.
She will also educate on the interventions available, their time sensitivity and that stroke is a medical emergency.
Hurd has worked for Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare and MVHS for more than 19 years. She has held positions as a staff nurse, clinician on AC 3 (the stroke unit) and general education clinician.
Hurd earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing from SUNY Institute of Technology in Marcy and her associate’s degree in nursing from St. Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing in Syracuse.
Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
Free Floyd concert series features Fulton Chain Gang
New York Mills priest completes three year labor of love
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Free Floyd concert series features Fulton Chain Gang
- 4:00pm 07/21/18New York Mills priest completes three year labor of love
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Mohawk Valley Unitarian churches gather July 29
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Big Moose Community Chapel announces annual events
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Will you take up the mantle?
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Muster Day meal Friday at 4:30 p.m.
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Cinema presents acclaimed anime movie ‘Spirited Away’
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Beatles classic on Cinema Capitol screen
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Fair marks 130 years with concert
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Nick Piccininni performs Friday