Hurd assigned as stroke outreach nurse
Registered nurse Jennifer Hurd has been named stroke outreach nurse for the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS).
In this position, Hurd is responsible for ongoing needs assessment and planning, development and implementation of community education outreach initiatives designed to increase knowledge in the community about the causes, signs and symptoms and risk factors for stroke.
She will also educate on the interventions available, their time sensitivity and that stroke is a medical emergency.
Hurd has worked for Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare and MVHS for more than 19 years. She has held positions as a staff nurse, clinician on AC 3 (the stroke unit) and general education clinician.
Hurd earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing from SUNY Institute of Technology in Marcy and her associate’s degree in nursing from St. Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing in Syracuse.
Surgical specialists, sleep medicine practices moving
Pain free following surgery, patient expresses his appreciation for neurosurgeon
Special service in Oriskany
Jesus is the great unifier for all of us
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature
- 4:00pm 10/20/18State to send $400,000 for UCP
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Jesus is the great unifier for all of us
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Clinton Oct. 28
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Trunk or Treat in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Stittville church serves roast pork
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Clinton church hosts pie sale
- 4:00pm 10/20/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers