Hurd assigned as stroke outreach nurse
Registered nurse Jennifer Hurd has been named stroke outreach nurse for the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS).
In this position, Hurd is responsible for ongoing needs assessment and planning, development and implementation of community education outreach initiatives designed to increase knowledge in the community about the causes, signs and symptoms and risk factors for stroke.
She will also educate on the interventions available, their time sensitivity and that stroke is a medical emergency.
Hurd has worked for Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare and MVHS for more than 19 years. She has held positions as a staff nurse, clinician on AC 3 (the stroke unit) and general education clinician.
Hurd earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing from SUNY Institute of Technology in Marcy and her associate’s degree in nursing from St. Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing in Syracuse.
Oneida Healthcare receives Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation
MVHS Nursing Leadership team honored
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter