Hospice names new CEO
NEW HARTFORD — Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc. has appointed Shannon Cayea as its new chief executive officer.
Cayea was named to the position following a competitive recruitment process, according to an announcement by the organization. She was most recently the CEO at Elderwood at Wheatfield in Niagara County.
She will replace Ann Tonzi as the CEO.
“Shannon is an experienced administrator with a breadth of health care experience,” said HPCI Board President Rudolph von Bernuth. “Her years of experience in health care and her ability to lead an organization will enhance Hospice’s position within our health care community and at the state level.”
Cayea holds a master’s of science degree in public health administration from the New School University in Manhattan, and a bachelor’s of science degree in geriatric psychology from the State University of New York College at Brockport. She is a licensed nursing home administrator and has served as a nursing home administrator and as an executive leader at several health care facilities throughout the state.
HPCI has been providing quality, compassionate end-of-life care to residents of Oneida, Herkimer and Eastern Madison counties since 1977. For 40 years Hospice has supported those in the community with life-limiting illnesses and their families with quality, compassionate end-of-life care.
In 2016 Hospice & Palliative Care served 867 patients and their families in their own homes, the Hospice Siegenthaler Center, hospitals, nursing homes and other home-like residences. For more information about hospice, call 315-735-6484 or view their website at www.hospicecareinc.org.
RMH recognized nationally for promoting organ, eye and tissue donation
Rome Medical Practice announces new administrative clinical manager
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Sesame Street visits NYS fair
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Registration open for Rising Stars at Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Cinema shows horror film set in 1984 suburbia