Herkimer County to host suicide prevention program Jan. 6
The Herkimer County Suicide Prevention Coalition and the Central New York Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention will host safeTALK suicide prevention training on Saturday, Jan. 6 from 9 a.m. to noon at East Schuyler United Methodist Church, 118 Church Road, Frankfort.
The training is free and registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Karen Carroll, RN, at 315-383-3178.
LivingWorks’ safeTALK training is open to anyone over the age of 15 and requires no prior experience. The half-day alertness training prepares attendees to become a suicide-alert helper, recognize pleas for help and take action by connecting to life-saving intervention resources.
The training will feature presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer, local community resources, and hands-on skills practice and development.
Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
Cinema presents acclaimed anime movie ‘Spirited Away’
Beatles classic on Cinema Capitol screen
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Cinema presents acclaimed anime movie ‘Spirited Away’
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Beatles classic on Cinema Capitol screen
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Fair marks 130 years with concert
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Nick Piccininni performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Drive-in Night returns to the Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Dan Brubeck Quartet performs July 26
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Unity Hall screens ‘The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre’ Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Hamilton International Film Festival starts Monday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Lowville Village Band performs
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Sunset Party Cruise Sunday