Herkimer County to host suicide prevention program Jan. 6
The Herkimer County Suicide Prevention Coalition and the Central New York Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention will host safeTALK suicide prevention training on Saturday, Jan. 6 from 9 a.m. to noon at East Schuyler United Methodist Church, 118 Church Road, Frankfort.
The training is free and registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Karen Carroll, RN, at 315-383-3178.
LivingWorks’ safeTALK training is open to anyone over the age of 15 and requires no prior experience. The half-day alertness training prepares attendees to become a suicide-alert helper, recognize pleas for help and take action by connecting to life-saving intervention resources.
The training will feature presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer, local community resources, and hands-on skills practice and development.
Surgical specialists, sleep medicine practices moving
Pain free following surgery, patient expresses his appreciation for neurosurgeon
Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Sign-up for November Food $en$e Oct. 26
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Ghost and Toast to premier Saturday at Capitol Theater
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Love Loss and What I Wore’ to be performed in Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18View hosts pancake breakfast, open house
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Cincinnati Creek performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ opens Oct. 26 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Free Big Band concert Sunday