Goats add ‘joy’ to yoga experience
A popular exercise craze has come to Rome, and thus far has been a sold-out success with all the tickets for the next session snatched up in within three hours.
It’s yoga — with goats.
“Yoga is a practice of being present and of relaxation,” Instructor Bianca Johnson explained. “When people find themselves in a posture with a baby goat cuddled up next to them it helps them forget about the outside world and melt into the joy that these animals bring.”
Johnson is the owner and the primary instructor at Full Lotus Yoga, 216 Erie Boulevard E., which opened last November. The classes take place after hours at Fort Rickey Discovery Zoo, 5135 Rome-New London Road.
“After our last event, Fort Rickey Owner Len Cross wrote ‘These yoga students had a much richer experience because of the goats. Many of them clearly reconnected with their inner child and many others were simply connected to nature in a new and pleasurable way,’” Johnson said.
“Our next Goat Yoga event is scheduled for Aug. 22, but that event sold out within three hours of releasing tickets.”
There will be two more classes in September. Classes are at 5 p.m. and cost $20. Spaces are limited, and the class is “open to all levels of yoga practitioners, even those who have never done yoga before.”
Tickets will be available online at http://www.fulllotusyogastudio.com/workshops-events. For more information on the next Goat Yoga event, call Fort Rickey at 315-335-5459 or Full Lotus Yoga at 315-617-2904.
On the net: www.facebook.com/FullLotusYogaStudio
Heart Run & Walk March 3
Regional Center for Wound Care shares tips on how to live a heart healthy life
Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Australian pop group on stage March 1
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks star in ‘Best Picture’ contender ‘The Post’
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Classical trio performs Friday
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Silk marbling class March 3
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Art center hosts ‘Mélange’ exhibit reception Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville