Goats add ‘joy’ to yoga experience
A popular exercise craze has come to Rome, and thus far has been a sold-out success with all the tickets for the next session snatched up in within three hours.
It’s yoga — with goats.
“Yoga is a practice of being present and of relaxation,” Instructor Bianca Johnson explained. “When people find themselves in a posture with a baby goat cuddled up next to them it helps them forget about the outside world and melt into the joy that these animals bring.”
Johnson is the owner and the primary instructor at Full Lotus Yoga, 216 Erie Boulevard E., which opened last November. The classes take place after hours at Fort Rickey Discovery Zoo, 5135 Rome-New London Road.
“After our last event, Fort Rickey Owner Len Cross wrote ‘These yoga students had a much richer experience because of the goats. Many of them clearly reconnected with their inner child and many others were simply connected to nature in a new and pleasurable way,’” Johnson said.
“Our next Goat Yoga event is scheduled for Aug. 22, but that event sold out within three hours of releasing tickets.”
There will be two more classes in September. Classes are at 5 p.m. and cost $20. Spaces are limited, and the class is “open to all levels of yoga practitioners, even those who have never done yoga before.”
Tickets will be available online at http://www.fulllotusyogastudio.com/workshops-events. For more information on the next Goat Yoga event, call Fort Rickey at 315-335-5459 or Full Lotus Yoga at 315-617-2904.
On the net: www.facebook.com/FullLotusYogaStudio
Cardiologist added to hospital staff
Family nurse practitioner joins Clinton office
Hospice offers session on Grief and the Holidays
Church marks Bicentennial with consistent message
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Hospice offers session on Grief and the Holidays
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Rome Memorial to host nurse recruitment event
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Hospital now offers MRI for patients with implanted heart defibrillators
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Kirkland Bird Club discusses field guides Oct. 22
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Breastfeeding class Wednesday
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Cleveland UMC to host rummage sale
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Christian Women’s Club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Declutter Coach speaks at women’s gathering
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Pie sale Oct. 21 in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Lee church serves ham Oct. 21