Give it a Whirl for Wellness announces September programs
Rome Memorial Hospital’s drop-in support group, “Give it a Whirl for Wellness,” will meet Mondays in September beginning tonight. The group is for anyone coping with health and wellness challenges, and meets at Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine, 107 E. Chestnut St. The meetings are open to the public and are free to attend.
The free meetings are centered around a creative activity that changes every week.
The inaugural Sept. 10 meeting will take place from 6-7 p.m., and participants will learn to sketch something important in their lives on a tile.
On Sept. 17 from 2-3 p.m., participants will learn all that their phone’s camera has to offer.
On Sept. 24 from 6-7 p.m., participants will make their own dreamcatchers.
“Give it a Whirl” offers a way to socialize, help and be helped by others with similar conditions or circumstances. The group offers support for those quoting smoking, overcoming illness or treatments, or facing large life changes. The group gives individuals, family and friends an opportunity to come together in a welcoming comfortable, and inspiring way.
“Our informal group is centered around a creative activity,” explained director of Radiation Medicine Amy Weakley. “Even if you don’t consider yourself an artist, you will be encouraged by what you create during this time of sharing and learning from others.”
For more information on “Give it a Whirl for Wellness,” call the Center for Family Life and Recovery at 315-768-2650.
Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
New doctor at Costello Eye Physicians
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/24/18New doctor at Costello Eye Physicians
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September is Peripheral Arterial Disease Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take action to protect your health
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take Steps Walk Sunday in Utica
- 4:00pm 09/24/18RMH offers free smoking cessation classes
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Blood drives Friday
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September as Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth