Give it a Whirl for Wellness announces September programs
Rome Memorial Hospital’s drop-in support group, “Give it a Whirl for Wellness,” will meet Mondays in September beginning tonight. The group is for anyone coping with health and wellness challenges, and meets at Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine, 107 E. Chestnut St. The meetings are open to the public and are free to attend.
The free meetings are centered around a creative activity that changes every week.
The inaugural Sept. 10 meeting will take place from 6-7 p.m., and participants will learn to sketch something important in their lives on a tile.
On Sept. 17 from 2-3 p.m., participants will learn all that their phone’s camera has to offer.
On Sept. 24 from 6-7 p.m., participants will make their own dreamcatchers.
“Give it a Whirl” offers a way to socialize, help and be helped by others with similar conditions or circumstances. The group offers support for those quoting smoking, overcoming illness or treatments, or facing large life changes. The group gives individuals, family and friends an opportunity to come together in a welcoming comfortable, and inspiring way.
“Our informal group is centered around a creative activity,” explained director of Radiation Medicine Amy Weakley. “Even if you don’t consider yourself an artist, you will be encouraged by what you create during this time of sharing and learning from others.”
For more information on “Give it a Whirl for Wellness,” call the Center for Family Life and Recovery at 315-768-2650.
Nonsurgical treatment for chronic back pain available at RMH
Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy welcomes spine specialist
Making the tough calls
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark