Free breastfeeding class Oct. 17 at RMH
Rome Memorial Hospital will host a free breastfeeding class at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17, in the hospital’s classroom to help mothers-to-be recognize the benefits of breastfeeding and give them the encouragement to overcome some of the obstacles.
The speaker, Registered Nurse Sandy Graichen, is a maternity nurse at the hospital with children of her own. She has many years of experience helping new moms learn how to breastfeed.
“Most of today’s new mothers do not have role models to help them and encourage them to breastfeed,” said Graichen.
In the class, she will address the myths and the benefits for mother and baby. She will also discuss preparations for breastfeeding, positioning the baby, proper latching techniques, and dealing with problems. She will also provide information about pumping and storing breast milk.
The free class will also feature a breastfeeding video, a display of breastfeeding products, several information sheets to help reinforce the material presented, and a list of people to turn to for support.
No pre-registration is required. Refreshments will be served. Students are asked to use the Bartlett Wing entrance off East Oak Street for easy access to the hospital’s second floor classroom. There will be signs to direct participants.
For more information, call 315-338-7143.
Nonsurgical treatment for chronic back pain available at RMH
Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy welcomes spine specialist
View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Clinton Historical Society open house Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Unity Hall hosts The Merry Pranksters Friday
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Sign-up for Vermont trip
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Gallery hosts ‘Doubly Mad’ reading Friday
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true