Final walk of summer for bird club Wednesday
The Chenango Bird Club’s last walk in its summer evening birdwatching series will be a stroll along Rogers Center’s Channels Trail at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 9. A pot luck supper at the picnic pavilion will follow the walk.
The Channels Trail is flat, about 0.7 miles, and circles the Channels Marsh which often features several aquatic habitat birds. Forest species are also possible as the trail is largely wooded. There will be binoculars to share.
Bring a dish to pass and stay for the meal following the walk. Also bring a plate, cup and silverware.
The Chenango Bird Club presents monthly programs April through December. Nature enthusiasts of all levels and interests are invited to all Club programs, free of charge, at the Rogers Environmental Education Center Bird Exhibit Cabin, next to the visitor parking lot. Rogers Center is located one mile west of Sherburne on State Highway 80.
Call Club President Charlene LaFever at 607-334-9112 for more information on Chenango Bird Club activities.
Surgeon performs same-day total knee replacement at Apex
Surgeon joins surgical group
Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
Ornament workshop at View Monday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Ornament workshop at View Monday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Toddler and Me art class Friday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Holiday Hoot event at Utica Zoo Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Chenango club to conduct Christmas Bird Count
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Religion in U.S., along canal topic of lecture Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Family Game Night, Tech Help offered at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Local comedian releases DVD of Capitol Theatre show
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Senior center hosts potluck dinner