Final walk of summer for bird club Wednesday
The Chenango Bird Club’s last walk in its summer evening birdwatching series will be a stroll along Rogers Center’s Channels Trail at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 9. A pot luck supper at the picnic pavilion will follow the walk.
The Channels Trail is flat, about 0.7 miles, and circles the Channels Marsh which often features several aquatic habitat birds. Forest species are also possible as the trail is largely wooded. There will be binoculars to share.
Bring a dish to pass and stay for the meal following the walk. Also bring a plate, cup and silverware.
The Chenango Bird Club presents monthly programs April through December. Nature enthusiasts of all levels and interests are invited to all Club programs, free of charge, at the Rogers Environmental Education Center Bird Exhibit Cabin, next to the visitor parking lot. Rogers Center is located one mile west of Sherburne on State Highway 80.
Call Club President Charlene LaFever at 607-334-9112 for more information on Chenango Bird Club activities.
Environmental review process begins on Utica hospital project
Nurse practitioner joins Barneveld office
Women’s club meets Feb. 20
Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Stone Soup event aids food pantry
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/16/18Sign-up for March Food $en$e Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Acclaimed teen pianist performs Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Andrew Collins Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Cinema screens Daniel Day-Lewis’ likely final film
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Cartoon Madness returns to Capitol Theatre