Final walk of summer for bird club Wednesday
The Chenango Bird Club’s last walk in its summer evening birdwatching series will be a stroll along Rogers Center’s Channels Trail at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 9. A pot luck supper at the picnic pavilion will follow the walk.
The Channels Trail is flat, about 0.7 miles, and circles the Channels Marsh which often features several aquatic habitat birds. Forest species are also possible as the trail is largely wooded. There will be binoculars to share.
Bring a dish to pass and stay for the meal following the walk. Also bring a plate, cup and silverware.
The Chenango Bird Club presents monthly programs April through December. Nature enthusiasts of all levels and interests are invited to all Club programs, free of charge, at the Rogers Environmental Education Center Bird Exhibit Cabin, next to the visitor parking lot. Rogers Center is located one mile west of Sherburne on State Highway 80.
Call Club President Charlene LaFever at 607-334-9112 for more information on Chenango Bird Club activities.
Students explore health careers at RMH
St. E’s picks environmental services director
Hospital Sleep Disorders Center gets accreditation
Richard Crawley performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 08/21/17Hospital Sleep Disorders Center gets accreditation
- 4:00pm 08/21/17Registration starts for nature center’s ‘Wild Goose Chase’
- 4:00pm 08/21/17Spots available in Sherrill bowling leagues
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Richard Crawley performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Working together towards perfect unity
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Camping themed bible school starts Monday
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Women meet Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Service, picnic in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/17Artspace launches second phase of study in Utica