Family support group meets tonight
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting from 6-7 p.m., tonight, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation
- Monthly support
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction
- Development and utilization of boundaries
- The opportunity to address any questions or concerns
- Community resources and/or referrals
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults.
Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.
Oneida Healthcare receives Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation
MVHS Nursing Leadership team honored
Schall sings in Constableville
Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schall sings in Constableville
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Vernon church hosts sales
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Annual BBQ at Steuben Methodist Church April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church offers free meal April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church to hold pasta dinner
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21