Family support group meets Oct. 16 at Rome Memorial
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction are invited to a support group meeting from Oct. 16 from 6 to 7 p.m. in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free. Offered by the hospital’s recovery center, the support group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Medications used to treat opioid addiction and alcohol dependence, such as Suboxone, Revia, naltrexone and Campral, are available through its new Medication-Assisted Treatment program.
For more information about the support group or the recovery center, call (315) 334-4701.
Orthopedic surgeon joins group
Bushnell named Rome Memorial chief medical officer
Oneida County Health Department performs food service inspections
Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Oneida County Health Department performs food service inspections
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Ultimate Aldean concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Riggies, Greens and Rock Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Wine Tasting event aids Foothills programs
- 4:00pm 01/17/18‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events