Family support group meets Oct. 16 at Rome Memorial
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction are invited to a support group meeting from Oct. 16 from 6 to 7 p.m. in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free. Offered by the hospital’s recovery center, the support group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Medications used to treat opioid addiction and alcohol dependence, such as Suboxone, Revia, naltrexone and Campral, are available through its new Medication-Assisted Treatment program.
For more information about the support group or the recovery center, call (315) 334-4701.
Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
Physical therapy professor honored
Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Physical therapy professor honored
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Improved care coordination services available for those with disabilities
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Outdoor yoga Wednesdays at RACC
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/13/18Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Western-comedy features Pattinson, Wasikowska