Family support group meets Oct. 16 at Rome Memorial
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction are invited to a support group meeting from Oct. 16 from 6 to 7 p.m. in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free. Offered by the hospital’s recovery center, the support group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Medications used to treat opioid addiction and alcohol dependence, such as Suboxone, Revia, naltrexone and Campral, are available through its new Medication-Assisted Treatment program.
For more information about the support group or the recovery center, call (315) 334-4701.
Oneida Healthcare receives Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation
MVHS Nursing Leadership team honored
Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner