Family support group meets Oct. 16 at Rome Memorial
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction are invited to a support group meeting from Oct. 16 from 6 to 7 p.m. in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free. Offered by the hospital’s recovery center, the support group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Medications used to treat opioid addiction and alcohol dependence, such as Suboxone, Revia, naltrexone and Campral, are available through its new Medication-Assisted Treatment program.
For more information about the support group or the recovery center, call (315) 334-4701.
Skunk tests positive for rabies in Marcy after fighting with dog, say officials
Heroin forum spurs debate between rivals
Cuomo signs bill extending health care benefits for volunteer firefighters
Marking the Protestant Reformation
- 4:00pm 10/23/17Cuomo signs bill extending health care benefits for volunteer firefighters
- 4:00pm 10/23/17Tickets on sale for ‘A Night of Bourbon and Bidding’ fundraiser
- 4:00pm 10/23/17Get flu shot early, experts say, as bug begins to make rounds
- 4:00pm 10/23/17Help children with food allergies enjoy Halloween
- 4:00pm 10/23/17Health fair in Lyons Falls Nov. 3-5
- 4:00pm 10/23/17Church offers healthcare events
- 4:00pm 10/23/17Learn how to get a good night’s sleep Nov. 2
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Marking the Protestant Reformation
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Book sale, bazaar in Vernon
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Church offers free meal